At home and in pain W/a little TMI .X-posted

divamydear
on 9/10/08 6:23 am - WA
I had RNY surgery on Monday and came home Tuesday p.m.  The pain I am in is from the big hernia that they found and fixed!  I have 8 stab sites. My mom was teasing me about my belly looking like i went to a knife fight and lost. I got my period that was to be expected, and I brought supplies just in case. I have been walking and sipping.It hurts to lay down. I have not had my prozac in 3 days. or my metformin. I have gas and to top it off... I "forgot" how to pee.  I would sit there and think of waterfalls ect and nothing but the urge was there.  They did a scan of my bladder and it was holding over a liter of urine.  So then I was cathed.  That worked but then after that same problem again no pee.  Finanly figured out that I needed some water to get me started.lol This has been a bumppy few days.  I was suprized that the nursing staff would take an alcohol swab and wave it under your nose for naussia.  It worked for me. I can't spell I would blame it on the drugs but speeling is my downfall.
Take care all
divamydear
heyheyhey
on 9/10/08 7:22 am - WA
I hope you feel better soon!  I hate my 6 stab sites, the ones around the belly button are the worst!  I fainlly started to be able to really lay down this past week, hang in there.

I also have had bladder problems, I never know when I have to go.  I just go when I can remember, it has gotten easier. 

Take it easy, enjoy the drugs!  It does get better in time, I am only 15 days out now every morning it gets a little better.
Helen_Anne
on 9/10/08 7:58 am - Bremerton, WA

I am so glad you are home....  my tummy after surgery look like someone beat me up... lots of bruising. 

I had trouble with peeing too... it helped to have the water in the sink running... then "out it flowed".

Welcome to the Losers Bench!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 9/10/08 11:49 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Lazy bladder after anesthesia is pretty common, LOL  lots of people have the same problem. As far a the Prozac goes call you pharmacist and ask if its ok to open the capsule and take it that way. I know they make it in a liquid form too.
Alcohol swabs are the best thing ever for nausea!
Do you have a recliner or something to sleep in?  I stayed in mine for about a week. and it was 2 weeks before I could spend the whole night in bed.
Good luck!!

Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Karen F.
on 9/10/08 1:11 pm - Renton, WA
You're on the way to being On Your Way!  Congratulations on getting that behind you.  May your recovery be swift and easy.

Karen
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/10/08 2:20 pm - Buckley, WA
Congratulations on your surgery . You'll feel better before long . I was able to swallow capsuls right away . I just left them in my mouth until they were slightly softened & then swallowed them with water . You'll feel better in no time . Kathy

Most Active