Dr. Weber

screechingteresa
on 9/8/08 7:57 am - Oak Harbor, WA
i had gastric bypass surgery in 2005 and I moved pretty much right after my surgery to Texas. I was wondering if anyone had his current number because the one I have and the one on the website is disconnected.

The question I am trying to ask is if they removed my gallbladder? I could of sworn he did but I want to make sure for sure. Did anyone else have surgery by him and do you know his current number? Did he take your gallbladder out?

I need to know because I am six months pregnant and have had diarreah for the past 3 weeks and my midwife is saying that it is my gallbladder but I think that she is very wrong.

Thank you very much
lizzybear
on 9/8/08 8:36 am - Olympia, WA
JBug asked this question a couple days ago and this is what I found.  Not sure if it's current, but it's a start - if he's no longer there, maybe they know where he went or how to reach him.

"I searched for his name and found him at Overcoming Obesity Surgical Clinic.  Maybe you could contact them and find out more info about whether he's just gone somewhere else or retired."

http://www.overcomingobesity.net/about-dr-weber.cfm

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Karen F.
on 9/8/08 1:16 pm - Renton, WA
When a doctor leaves a practice for another opportunity, the medical records for his/her patients have to go somewhere --or stay somewhere--where patients can access them.  If he left a clinic that is still in business, it's most likely that your records stayed with that clinic, and they're probably in storage somewhere.  I would give them a call or drop a note--ask for a copy of the Surgical Report for your procedure. (You'll have to sign a release.)  That will tell you, unequivocably, whether or not you had your gall bladder removed.
Karen F.
on 9/8/08 1:18 pm - Renton, WA
If you give me his full name, including initials, I can look him up in the AMA Doctor Finder and try to find an address/phone number.  Send me an internal e-mail so I won't miss it by forgetting to check back here.
Karen F.
on 9/8/08 1:20 pm - Renton, WA
Also, where his last known place of practice was, if possible.
Lisa B.
on 9/8/08 2:31 pm - Bremerton, WA
Dr. Weber retired a couple of months ago. There are a few of his patiences in my support group at the navy hospital. I think they still contact him via e-mail.

Barb S.
on 9/8/08 3:08 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
I can't tell you about dr Weber but I can tell you from experience that typically if you are having issues with your gall bladder you will be suffering serious attacks which are very very, did I say, very painful. I had gall bladder problems when I was pregnant and it was hell.

If you modify your diet to greatly reduce fat and things don't improve then it is not your gall bladded. It might be hard to reduce fats if you are eating a lot of protien but give it a try.

I would suggest 3 days with very low fat then try eating a meal higher in fat. If it is your gall bladder you should have some type of reaction (pain) to the high fat meal.

Your pcp could also order an ultrasound which would detect if you have a gall bladder or not.
The hospital where you had your surgery should also be able to pull your records and tell you if you had it out. The hospital would retain those records not only the surgeons office.

Good Luck.
Barb
Most Active