Today's Get Together

cfidecaro
on 9/7/08 4:20 am, edited 9/7/08 4:21 am - Snohomish, WA

HI Everybody~

I too had a great time...A special thanks to Karin for being the official photographer...we all look pretty darn good!!

It was FANTASTIC to meet everyone and say HI to others that I already knew.

I value the time I get to spend with every one. As most of you know I work two jobs and my youngest daughter keeps me pretty busy most of the time. I look to OH for my support as I am not able to attend any meetings as there never seems to be any on the weekends.You are all like an extended family to me!

I think Jill suggested we try and get together before the holidays ~ I think that would be great fun...I know that both Brandi and Annie B are leaving us in October (date?) maybe we could plan something before they leave...

And a special note to Amberbear31...please never let what others say about what you have gone through bring you down...you are ALWAYS WELCOME here~

Collette

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/7/08 1:35 pm - Buckley, WA
Collette , It was great meeting you . Your new avatar turned out wonderfully . Kati was very curious about your daughter . I'm surprised she didn't talk to you & your daughter much . Kati is so good hearted , even though she was acting very challenging , yesterday . lol . She & her brother are considered special needs . Kati is super hyperactive (drug baby) , Christopher has Autism (high functioning) . Kati's school has a program called the Lighthouse program , which has children with many different challenges . Kati goes in & spends time with them a lot . She loves it & is always tells me about her light house friends . Good luck on your upcoming surgery . And let me know what UW's surgery coordinator says . I'm very interest as to what she has to say . Kathy

Brandy L.
on 9/8/08 1:26 am - Baudour , Belgium
Collette,

Yes unfortunately...we leave October 12th to head out. But ... I will be back in November for my tummy tuck so maybe I will see a few of ya'll then. I am planning on staying with a friend for approx. 2-3 weeks after the tummy tuc****il the drains are out and I can safely fly back to Virginia to join hubby and head to Belgium.

I would love to have another get together before I leave if it happens.

Take care,

Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Susan O.
on 9/7/08 11:37 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

I too am sorry I had to miss out. I just couldn't be in two places at once! (cloning may be in my future!!) Shelley, thanks so much for coming to my house to pick up the clothes and OH magazines for sharing. Hopefully we will be able to get together again soon, but meanwhile, everyone keep going to your support groups and checking in here! The OH'ers that talk together stay thin!!

Hugs to all, Susan

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Shelley S.
on 9/7/08 12:02 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Susan, thanks so much for the clothes and magazines, I only have about 3 of them left so I am going to bring them with me up to the doc this week.  Gerald has an MRI on Tuesday then I have my 6 month check up on Wed, so will see if I can pass them along on one of those days.

hangokid11
on 9/8/08 6:14 am - MT
My DH and I had a great time at Sal****er Park. It was great meeting everyone. Thanks, Collette for putting it together. Thanks Karin for the pictures; they turned out great. Helen, it was great seeing you after the surgery! It was really great seeing you again, Annie! Congrats losing 100 plus pounds, you are an inspiration! Great meeting you Kathy, Shelley, Shelly, and others that I missed... I enjoyed the BBQ'ed veggies and those nuked cheeses(that reminds me, I'd like the recipes for those!)  Nancy, thank you so much for bringing the PB2!! It was great talking to you! Thanks to whoever brought those clothes, they helped!  Take good care everyone and see ya on the next get-together!
Beetle
on 9/8/08 9:48 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
The "nuked cheeses" were mine  :-)   We call them cheese biccies (biccies = biscuits = Aussie speak for "cookies").

Very simple to make: take some ordinary sliced cheese (the awful pretend kind in the plastic wrappers, not anything real) but it has to be full fat (the 2% didn't work as well).
Break each slices into pieces (4, 9, 16, whatever works for you) and place them on some baking or parchment paper - NOT waxpaper - in the microwave.
They take about 30 to 50 seconds, depending on microwave and amount of cheese. Jus****ch the first load carefully until you know how long to leave them in.
Allow them to cool and voila - done.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

nancy6
on 9/8/08 12:19 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks to all who came  to the park on Saturday and made it such a success!!  I loved seeing everyone and getting to meet some new OH friends...  I just don't get on the computer much lately so I'm a little late on getting this posted!!  But I had a wonderful time and hope we can get another shindig together before too long!  It was a great day!!!

~Nancy~

Most Active