Question about Oregon Weight Loss Surgery / Uniform

(deactivated member)
on 9/6/08 4:41 am, edited 9/6/08 4:42 am - WA
Happy Saturday, everyone!  It's still overcast here in Olympia...I thought it was going to be nice today????

Anyway, I'm still working on my 5%...an AWFUL case of perimenopausal PMS has slowed me down...between the crying jags and being overpowered by the chocolate/chip cravings, I haven't made a heck of a lot of progress.

Anyway, I'm curious about the requirements for Oregon Weight Loss Surgery / Good Sam in Portland for Uniform patients, once you've received your referral or surgery date.   Do they make you go on a special diet before surgery?  

I'm going to their seminar on the 24th, so I'm sure I'll learn a lot about their program then, but I'm just freaking because I hear about people being required to go on a liquid diet for weeks prior to surgery...holy crap, I don't know if I can do that!!!!  
Bearmom, are you back from vacay yet?  I want to hear all about it! 

Hislady
on 9/6/08 5:36 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I can't tell you anything about your particular program but can speak to the liquid diet. My surgeon is very strict about that, I had a 1 month skim milk diet and I hate milk! All I could have was skim milk with sf flavorings, Isopure drinks and ALL the no calories drinks I could stand. Yes I did cheat a little for a few days towards the end but only with swiss cheese so could have been worse. While the liquid diets are certainly not fun they are very neccesary to shrink the liver and hopefully yours won't be as stringent as mine was. You know tho I'm glad looking back that I did have it because it gave me the knowledge that if I could do that I could do anything diet wise. So just take it one day (or second) at a time and you'll make it!!! Good luck!
on2anewme
on 9/7/08 1:13 pm - Vancouver, WA
I don't have uniform, but OWLS is doing my surgery on Sept. 23rd.  My surgeon has me on a fairly easy diet of shakes and food. Then I have liquids only for 3 days prior to my surgery.  Hope this helps!

Good Luck to you!
Debbie
amm2008
on 9/9/08 9:25 am - Seattle, WA

Hi,

I have Uniform and had surg on 7/15/08 with OWLS.  Check my profile...I documented the process.  Let me know if you have questions.

Good Luck

Alicia

Most Active