Guess what I did!

hangokid11
on 9/5/08 2:58 am - MT
After getting tips about recipes  I went to that blog of eggface and saw something about protein ice cream... So went and bought an ice cream maker and got it all set up for the next day ( had to freeze the cylinder for 24 hours) and made chocolate strawberry ice cream   i had:
1 cup milk
2 scoops of Chocolate Protein mix
1/2 cup mashed strawberries
and made it frothyyyy first  then got the cylinder out of the freezer
Turned on the ice cream maker and poured the mix in very slowwwly and waited about 30 mins then added 1/4 cup strawberries  when it was almost done and wow!!!! it looked very good  couldn't wait to taste it. put it in a tupperware and frozed it and when it was after dinnertime   my DH and I had some  it was soooo delicious!!!  ( i told my hubby,  will you not buy any more ice cream from the store... you happy with what I made?   he said yessss! I told him I promise to buy mint extract  to make chocolate mint ice cream)  He's losing weight along with me and I'm happy that we are doing teamwork together.   I'm still exploring recipes and it's quite overwhelming to look at all the recipes... but taking my time. We'll be seeing you guys at the park tomorrow!! 
Helen_Anne
on 9/5/08 4:00 am - Bremerton, WA

I want to make some Protein Ice Cream too... I have a ice cream maker... I may try banana.... since thats one of the protein powders that I like. I guess I need to freeze the cylinder.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow too.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

hangokid11
on 9/5/08 4:02 am - MT
Yup, otherwise it won't work! LOL
Hislady
on 9/5/08 4:20 am - Vancouver, WA
That sounds YUMMO!! My DH makes awesome ice cream, is always geting requests from family and friends but his is full fat heavy cream and tons of sugar. I actually don't carefor it, too rich for me, but this recipe sounds great. I bought him a small ice cream  maker and I think I'm gonna confiscate it back because he doesn't use it, he likes to make bigger batches and the small one would work great for a small batch for me. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to give it a try!
hangokid11
on 9/5/08 4:30 am, edited 9/5/08 4:34 am - MT
When I calculated my recipe  in the www.fitday.com   one serving for 1/6th of the batch i made  was this much:
Calories 65.3
Calories from Fat 9.4

Fat 1.1 g 2 %
Saturated Fat 0.6 g 3 %
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.06 g  
Monounsaturated Fat 0.23 g  
Cholesterol 0.0 mg 0 %
Sodium 250.0 mg 10 %
Potassium 226.0 mg 6 %
Carbohydrate 4.4 g 1 %
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g 3 %
Protein 9.8 g 20 %
Alcohol 0.0 g  
Mind you, It's 1/6th so If i had more like 1/3  that would be 19.6 grams of protein right there.
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/08 4:10 am - WA
OK...I think I need to get an ice cream maker.

What kind do you have and how much was it (if you don't mind my asking).

My husband's gonna freak when I get another kitchen gadget...but I bet he'll like the results!

hangokid11
on 9/7/08 9:09 am - MT
I bought it at Target for 29.99 plus tax  it's Rival 1 quart ice cream maker 
Most Active