Hello Wa. folks...newbie here..

mamaleddie
on 9/4/08 2:23 pm
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I think I did on the main board before I really looked around on this site. There are so many forums I got a little lost, lol!
I am scheduled for lapband surgery on 9/9/08, I'm so excited. I've been on my liquid diet now for 11 days...11 long days...
It's probably one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.  I can't believe the self discilpline I've had, I really didn't think I could do it, but I AM!!!
I look forward to getting to know you all, I love OH already!
15 pounds lost pre-op!

jcheryld
on 9/4/08 2:32 pm
Welcome to the group! Best of luck to you as you take on surgery in a few days! Keep us posted on how you are doing.
PinkFlamingoes
on 9/4/08 3:41 pm - Buckley, WA
Welcome ! Congratulations on your upcoming surgery . Isn't it amazing how we can stick to that horrible liquid diet ? I was shocked at how well I did , too .

Shelley S.
on 9/4/08 11:20 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Welcome and congrats on your new birthday!!

Helen_Anne
on 9/5/08 1:36 am - Bremerton, WA
Welcome to the Washington Board!!  Congrats on how well you are doing on the liquid diet.. I am not sure I could have done a full liquid pre op diet... I got to eat one meal a day.

Keep us updated on your progress... there is lots of support here.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Hislady
on 9/5/08 4:12 am - Vancouver, WA
Welcome fellow bandster!! I'm going to give you a little advice to hopefully keep you from some frustration. First of all be patient you will not see the rapid weight loss like the RNYers so do not get frustrated early on. Secondly you will feel some restriction right after surgery from swelling but this won't last and before long you WILL be hungry, this is bound to happen. Until you've had 3-5 fills you will still be hungry to some degree, this is where the patience comes in. At this point you probably won't lose much if any weight, in fact you could even gain some, but don't fret. I promise you it will get to where you aren't as hungry and you'll start losing, but it is a long process sometimes. If you can stay patient and persistant, following the bandster rules you will succeed. If you haven't visited the lapband board do come over there as we have lots of knowledgable folks very willing to help with support and answering questions. Best of luck and we'll hold a spot on the loser's bench for you!
Shelly W.
on 9/5/08 10:28 am - Sumner, WA
Welcome.  There are a lot of great people on this board who are very willing to help.  I also second the comment above.  Since you're having lap band surgery you should also check out the lap band board.   
--Shelly

auntie-boopee
on 9/5/08 11:03 am - Silverdale, WA
Congrats and best wishes.  I will start my 2 week liquid diet in a week, so you are inspiring me.  Thanks,
Karen
Most Active