Recipe forum

jillianD
on 9/4/08 1:15 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
There is a new recipe posted that would be pretty good for everyone except for those still on a liquid diet.
Zesty Lemon ricotta... soo good!!

Check it out!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/4/08 1:51 pm - Buckley, WA

cowboyonfire
The beautiful, US Virgin Islands......, XX
Toby Broussard, M.D. RNY (06/25/08) Member Since: 04/29/08
[Latest Posts]

Lemon Zest Ricotta Dessert

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons heavy cream
1 squeeze of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
3/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 packages sugar substitute (I use Splenda)

Your choice of fruit (preferrably berries since they aren't high in carbs and will look really nice)

Preparation:

Whip the Ricotta and the heavy cream together until well whipped.  Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a "individual" bowls. Put in refrigerator. It's important that this has time enough to "set-up" and become firm. (generally like 2 hours)  Serve with your choice of fruit that has been pureed.

Makes 2 servings.  about 2 carbs per serving (that doesn't include your berries since I don't know what fruit you're gonna use)...but berries aren't bad anyway... or you could serve this without the fruit topping...

If you dig this, please comment....it lets me know that you want me to post more low carb recipes that keep us and our families skinny...

T.

Here's the recipe .

jillianD
on 9/4/08 1:53 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks Kathy!

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/4/08 1:57 pm - Buckley, WA
You're welcome . I'm the queen of copy & paste . Can't do anything much more technical than that . lol . It does sound yummy . Anything that resembles cheesecake , even remotely gets my attention .

Helen_Anne
on 9/5/08 1:46 am - Bremerton, WA

I saw this recipe... but I was worried about the cream... 

In general... do you guys use mostly non fat  or low fat or regular fat foods in your recipes?  I know that Eggface (AKA Shelly) uses regular fat foods in her recipes.

My nut says that  I should use low fat cheese and could use full fat vinagettes when I can eat salad again.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 9/5/08 12:48 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I'm a full fat girl too.  Now if  was using a recipie that called for a large amount of fat I might rethink it.

Susan O.
on 9/5/08 4:48 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
This sounds so good!
 Helen, I have never used low fat anything since my surgery. I don't think I absorb enough of it to worry about. Of course anything with TOO much fat won't sit right, but as far as cream, cheese, a touch of butter,  etc., they all like my pouch.

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Helen_Anne
on 9/5/08 5:54 am - Bremerton, WA
Thanks Susan... that is good to know... I think I am still in "diet" mode...  and of course figuring out what my pouch likes... so far.... baked ricotta cheese with pasta sauce, cottage cheese, canned salmon with laughing cow cheese all are happy in my pouch.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/5/08 12:28 pm - Buckley, WA
Dr. Oh says that fat free products have a lot of bad things added to make up for them being fat free . I'm with Susan . I don't do fat free & rarely low fat .

lizzybear
on 9/5/08 1:45 pm - Olympia, WA
Great catch in the recipe forum, Jillian!  I completely missed that one and I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything lemon.  I miss my Dreyer's lemonade popsicles more than anything!!  I tried freezing lemonade Crystal Light, but it separated and was ice on the top and all the juice was at the bottom.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Most Active