So pretty! So Fat! So Sad!

luvsexytrstno1
on 9/2/08 10:17 pm - Anchorage, AK
http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2008/09/so-pretty-so-fat- so-sad.html
This is a tag line above a photo of a larger girl in her underwear.  This is a real ad!  I am so disgusted!  read more at my blog and see the actual ad.  We need to stop buying from companies that use these types of demeaning ads.
Karen F.
on 9/3/08 1:52 pm - Renton, WA
Discrimination against those who are obese is so pervasive, and often subtle, that we get used to it and don't see it for what it is: discrimination.  Conversely, the adoration of the thin is so firmly entrenched in our society that it causes widespread eating disorders and untold problems with self esteem.  (My daughter, for example, is severely bulemic and has been for the past 5 years.)  It just shows the extremes some will go to be socially and sexually desirable.

I don't know what it will take for society to just finally accept people for what they are, period.  MLK longed for the day when black people would be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin.  I long for the same criteria of judgment with respect to a person's weight and/or perceived obesity:  judge us by the content of our character, not by our looks or reading from a scale.
Most Active