Get together 9/6/08

Shelley S.
on 9/2/08 2:41 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
I want to come early too, and since I've never been to this park, is there a special place you guys who know the park can recommend me to park or where you guys might be or is it one big parking?

not sure if hubby will join, he works 24 hours straight the night before, but I know my daughter and her girlfriend will be with me (some of you have met them).

Also big question, are we bring sides to share, or are we basically bringing our own picnics and just hang out? Reason I ask is I am going to invite those from my Thursday support group at Madigan for anyone who wants to come, and I want to make sure I give the right info.

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/2/08 3:01 pm - Buckley, WA
I kind of got the idea that we were bringing sides to share . I hope someone corrects me if i'm wrong . And we bring our own protein . I'm not familiar with the park , or area , either . I can't say what time i'll get there , because i'm notorius for driving adventures . lol . We're never lost , We're just on an adventure . That's what i've always told the kids .

Shelley S.
on 9/2/08 3:06 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
haha I'm depending on Jason (my version of TomTom) to get me there at least.  And the bringing of the side dish and your own "meat" is what I gathered too, and what I would have told people on Thursday, but want to make sure if it's not right that I know ahead of time.  I have some of the light the bag kind of coals, so I will throw them in the trunk in case we need them and get to use the bbq grill that is made into the park.  I have a lot of clothes too, and figured I would bring a sheet or blanket or something to lay them out on and will try and tag them size wise to make it easier to seperate, but wont promise miracles on that one  heheheh.

I am SO looking forward to this get together!!

sunnyinseattle1
on 9/3/08 12:33 am
Hi all.  Here is little bit of Directions to Sal****er State Park......Do you know where or can you get to Pacific Hwy South/ HWY 99???  If so , your golden! :)  I think your best place to get off I-5 is Kent-Des Moines RD and hang a left and follow signs. Or to make it easier on self you can get off on 272nd exit and meet at the Safeway on Pacific Hwy and we can go from there...... We can meet a specific time and then you guys can follow me down there.  Whatcha think?  I would like to set up before, because I dont have my cell. Havent decided which one to get yet.   Please feel free to email me on OH or at my email: [email protected]

I hope this can help some of you that are not familiar with Pac Hwy.

Sunny 

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

jcheryld
on 9/3/08 7:40 am
Can anyone come? I'm interested but have no idea about the details... please let me know, thanks!
Beetle
on 9/3/08 11:32 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Here is a map of the park, for all you guys who haven't been there before.
I guess we'd have to meet at the main picnic area (which has lots of lovely trees but gets very busy) - the other option would be the group area near the playground.
  Sharing with: Everyone Sal****er State Park Uploaded: September 3, 2008   SEND   DELETE

Helen_Anne
on 9/4/08 1:08 am - Bremerton, WA
I would vote for the main picnic area ... so we can have some shade. Plus... by looking at the map... its close to the parking lot.

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

cfidecaro
on 9/4/08 8:31 am - Snohomish, WA

I agree the main picnic area..I am going to get some balloons or something so everyone can find us....

I am bring shrimp ****tail...you can have 3oz plus the sauce for 100 calories and 14 grams of protein~

Collette

PinkFlamingoes
on 9/4/08 2:07 pm - Buckley, WA
I'm bringing my Sugar free ambrosia . I decided on Hebrew national hot dogs for protein . They're about the only ones that don't make me feel icky . & the kids love them . I wonder how many kids will be there . Any guesses ? They'll have fun , even if there aren't any other kids . I'm looking forward to this outing .

Most Active