Ohh my thighs....

jillianD
on 9/2/08 1:02 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well incase any of you are wondering about the wii fit and if it really does anything for you, it works!!  My legs and abs are soo sore today!!  My 15 years old used it too for about 45 min and was huffin and puffin.

Was a lot of fun too!  ( Says the girl who is trying to sneak in exercise, so "I" don't know I'm doing it)  LOL
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Annie B.
on 9/2/08 1:11 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
That's cool, Jill!  I was reading about it somewhere else - maybe it was on the RNY boards.  Looks like fun too - but I don't think dh would want to spend all that money just for exercise LOL...we aren't into video games here.  Guess I'll just be happy getting my YMCA membership when we move (in 28 days AAAHHH!!) and be thankful I have a cousin who is a personal trainer and will do stuff with me online LOL.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Brandy L.
on 9/2/08 1:33 am - Baudour , Belgium
Funny thing... I am not into video games either...but I love the Wii and the Wii Fit. My hubby really wanted the Wii so he got it as a welcome home gift and the Wii Fit was for me!  i love it! Took me forever to find it but I did and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

So you just might be surprised....lol...or at least I was.

Plus I kicked my hubbies but in bowling. lol

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

Helen_Anne
on 9/2/08 3:10 am - Bremerton, WA

I have the Wii fit too... but I have not tried it yet... since we got it night before I had surgery.  I am going to ask my Dr tomorrow when I can do more than walk.

My husband and step son did the running program.. it was funny to see them "race" each other.

I love to play Wii tennis and bowling.

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/08 3:28 am - WA

I've got the Wii Fit as well.  You can really get some good exercise in without realizing it!

Jill, which exercise made your abs and thighs so sore?

My favorites are the advanced step, hula (I've actually got a video of my hubby doing that one in his underwear! LMAO!) some of the yoga, some of the strength, and the penguin balance game.

I think it's the best investment we've made towards our fitness EVER because the whole family likes to do it.

jillianD
on 9/2/08 10:59 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I was doing strength exercises.  I think it was the lunges and the push ups.  LOL  Could also be that I did to much at one time.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 9/2/08 1:57 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
Ok that's it! Between my sore neck (who knows why  lol) and my want to play the wii, I'm coming over at some point so I can play on yours until I get one to go with the wii I plan on getting my daughter for her birthday in October.  Fire up the hot tub girl!  lol

Side note, did you get your whole fish Jill?

lizzybear
on 9/2/08 2:19 pm, edited 9/2/08 2:20 pm - Olympia, WA
Ooh, I'm so JEALOUS!!!  I can't wait to use mine!!  I got it a couple weeks ago, and came home and was all excited to try it, but hubby won't hook it up for me until after my ankle surgery's done Oct 3 and my surgeon clears me to do workouts that put more stress on the ankle than regular walking.  DH promised he'll set the game up when I get back from the ObesityHelp.com event in Los Angeles at the end of October (going with my Mom - we're going to it to celebrate my one year surgiversary - a few days late, but that's okay!).

I could set it up myself, but the instructions just confuse me!  Guess I could ask the little boy next door to set it up - he's five so I'm sure he knows how!!  Darn - they are born knowing this stuff now!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

Shelley S.
on 9/2/08 2:54 pm - Ft Lewis, WA
haha yeah kids can always hook it up, but better you take it easy.  I'm so jealous but happy for you getting to go to the event in LA, I bet it will be a blast!  And that's a cool way to celebrate your surgiversary too! Take lots of pics to share.

Shelly W.
on 9/3/08 5:56 am - Sumner, WA
I love mine too.  It's a great way to "sneak" in exercise.
--Shelly

Most Active