My first of many WOW's...

Helen_Anne
on 9/1/08 4:43 am - Bremerton, WA
I can fit  COMFORTABILY into my size 22 jeans!!!!  I have lost about 10 pounds since surgery...  and I tried these pants on just before surgery and I could not even get close to buttoning them!!!

My husband actually said... "Your girth is getting smaller" ... my husband is a science type (teachs math and science)... and for him this a great compliment.  I...like most of us... can't really see much difference in how I look.  But when I  can fit into my clothes that I could not before...

Another thing I noticed a couple of days ago...  the chair I usually sit in at home.. my hips were as wide as the chair... and now there is about  an inch of spare room!

I am down over 40 pounds since Feb....

I am SO happy!!!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/1/08 8:38 am - WA
When you go to Mall look at your self in the glass  doors as you go in, you will not know who it is! But is you! Try it . You will feel soooo good!
Hislady
on 9/1/08 9:48 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats, isn't it exciting?! I hope you took pictures and measurements before surgery, if not, do it right now so you can actually "see" the progress. I'm a bandster and a slow loser to boot so it's been really helpful to me to see the pictures and numbers change. Sometimes it's ever so slightly so when I get frustrated I drag out my journal book and remind myself how much I have lost. Keep up the great work!!
Helen_Anne
on 9/1/08 11:32 am - Bremerton, WA
I did take measurements and pictures before surgery... actually I have measurements from January.  My husband took pictures of me in the hospital. My goal is to get pictures every month along with measurements.

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

Annie B.
on 9/1/08 11:16 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Yay!!!  How great is that feeling!  Can't wait to see you at the BBQ on saturday!!  I think Maria said she has a bunch of 22's she's bringing!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Helen_Anne
on 9/1/08 11:34 am - Bremerton, WA

Thanks Annie...  I am excited to see everyone too... and if I can get some new clothes... that would be a bonus.

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

Karen F.
on 9/1/08 11:22 am - Renton, WA
Congratulations!  Aren't those wonderful milestones?  I have to remind myself I have many of those ahead if I just stick to the rules!  I too can now fit into jeans that I couldn't get into preop.  I keep trying smaller clothes, thinking that maybe....overnight....I'd get small enough; it's slowly happening.

Helen_Anne
on 9/1/08 11:38 am - Bremerton, WA
Congrats to you too... isn't it great to fit into something that you could fit into before...

Helen

332.5/302.6/231/200

jillianD
on 9/2/08 12:25 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Helen I remember the first time I met you I was wearing a 22-24 size jeans, I am now in a 14!!   Time flys and I cant wait to watch you shrink into the future!!

You are doing so great!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

VickiStevens
on 9/2/08 1:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
That is great Helen!

It is very hard to see the differences in your size.  I often suggest to folks to get a piece of butcher paper, tape it to the wall and get a trusted friend to "outline" you on the paper.  Keep the paper and in three months, repeat the process.  And again in three months - repeat the process. You will "see" your shape getting smaller on the paper - it can be a great aid in recognizing the new you!

Take care.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Most Active