Week 3 and struggling

Karen F.
on 8/31/08 3:52 am - Renton, WA

Hi.  I'm into week 3 and dying for mushies or any form of real food (which aren't allowed until week 5).  I won't be able to have my 1st fill till week 7 because I'll be out of the country during week 6.  I seem to be hungry all the time.

Suggestions, please!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 8/31/08 5:59 am - WA
If you are hungry try a protein drink, that should help! Good luck Merrilou
mamaleddie
on 8/31/08 7:15 am
No real advice as I won't get my band in for about 10 more days, but I'm hungr y too on this pre-op liquid diet!  I try to distract myself, keep busy and drink lots. Best of luck to you!
15 pounds lost pre-op!

Shelly W.
on 8/31/08 1:02 pm - Sumner, WA
Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear you are so hungry.  My first suggestion is drinking more protein too.  Also broth helped me and decaf tea w/splenda or stevia.

Hang in there it won't be much longer.  You can do it!!
--Shelly

Hislady
on 9/1/08 3:32 am - Vancouver, WA
You have my sympathies as we've all been there. I was on full liquids from the git go so could put chunky soups in my bullet and then thin down to a real liquidy state. Don't know if you can have that or not but at least it gave a change of taste. The whole band journey is a slow and sometimes torturous trip but well worth it once you get restriction, which may take awhile too. Just hang in there and be patient and know that we've all walked this road before you and have survived!
Karen F.
on 9/1/08 10:36 am - Renton, WA
thank you for your thoughts and caring.  It's interesting how every doctor seems to have his/her own road map regarding dietary restrictions post-op.  I'll get through this somehow.  At least each day dawns as a new day to get through, one day at a time.
Annie B.
on 9/1/08 11:21 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi karen!  The protein shake is a great idea!  Those help me fill up.

Hope it starts to get easier for you.  And I hope we'll be meeting you on Saturday at the BBQ!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active