Spokane Dr. Trotter?? newbie here

shymomma
on 8/30/08 8:50 am
I am new on here. I was wondering if there is a Spokane support group. I am pre-op and I will be having surgery with Dr. Trotter if my insurance will pre-certify me. Any ideas, comments or suggestions are helpful.
ceeidee
on 8/31/08 9:24 am
Hi there,
I had RNY last Oct. with Dr. Trotter. He is great.
They have a group on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Holy Family. I think it is at 6pm. You can call and ask to speak with Linda Cox, she is the coordinator for the bariatric program there and is really nice. You can tell her I sent you if ya want.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/08 9:46 am - WA
I'm kind of surprised that your doctor agreed to the RNY with you being less than 80 lbs overweight; I thought one had to be at least 100 lbs overweight.

Did you have other weight-related health issues?

You've done fabulous!   Congratulations!
ceeidee
on 8/31/08 10:04 am
Not unusual, it is the BMI and co-morbidities that the Doc looks at.

Peggy Tabor Millin

shymomma
on 9/1/08 2:41 am
thanks Cheryl.
I go to his seminar this week. I was  wondering what shakes he recommends and where I would get them?  I want to be prepared. Did you have to do shakes pre-op? Also, do you know how long it took to get an appointment with his office once you attended the seminar?
thanks,
shymomma
ceeidee
on 9/2/08 10:16 pm
He recommends Metagentics Bariatrix Essentials which he gives you a site or password (can't remember) and you get it cheaper than if you just order it without his info. I think of all that I tasted it is the best. Also has the bariatric vitamins you can buy. When I went he had just started his office and the staff was not very knowledgeable but now they all know what is what so not sure how long your wait would be. I know it wasn't too long...I wasn't in a hurry so just kinda went with the flow...I think maybe 3 weeks after I saw the seminar....but I may have waited to call for an appointment....
I did shakes preop and cut out fast food and other junk. Lost 10 lbs before surgery so it made the surgery go better, liver which had been enlarged, was in really good shape for surgery. I didn't stuff myself on "last meals" but did enjoy some favorite foods that I wouldn't get to have for a while or ever. I was glad I had started eating healthier though...Feel free to ask more questions.
Cheryl

Peggy Tabor Millin

Geminidream
on 9/2/08 12:36 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Cheryl,
Does your support group welcome or have any members who have had their surgery elsewhere?  I love my support group but sometimes wish that I could attend more than one a month to keep myself on track and I'm on the Northside so it'd be really close. 

Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
ceeidee
on 9/2/08 10:18 pm
I believe anyone is welcome....99.9% sure
I am planning to go next week...if I don't forget!
Cheryl

Peggy Tabor Millin

Most Active