SLEEVE at Madigan

maxiesmom
on 8/27/08 12:53 pm - WA
VSG on 11/19/08 with
Has anyone had the sleeve procedure at Madigan Army Hospital?  If so, I'd like your opinions and did you have any complications?

thanks,
jillianD
on 8/27/08 2:06 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi there, because the sleeve is such a new surgery at Madigan, I've only met one person who had had it done.  Now I know that more than that have had the procedure.  I think the sleeve is a good surgery and Sebesta is an awesome surgeon.
I would like to invite you to the thurs night WLS support group in the Cosio room on the lower leverl of the nursing tower.  We are a great group.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Bettiedidnt
on 8/29/08 9:03 am - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with
Maxiesmom-

Glad you asked the question because I was going to ask the same question myself!  I'm scheduled for my sleeve on 09/25/08 with Dr. Sebesta and would love to hear what others who may have had it done by now experienced!  (Unfortunately I cant make the group on Thursdays since I live up in Oak Harbor and its one heck of a drive! )
maxiesmom
on 8/29/08 11:23 am - WA
VSG on 11/19/08 with
I'm in Bremerton so I don't go to the Tacoma meetings either.  I went to the open forum at Madigan and Dr. Sebesta was very honest and answered all the questions to my satisfaction.  Have you been to the forum?  I've been researching the sleeve for so long, I'm convinced it's for me, but I was hoping to hear from others.  I did talk to someone in June who just had the sleeve at Madigan and was happy.  I hope all goes well with your surgery, I'm in my final stage just waiting to get the okay to make an appt. with the surgeon.  If you want, let's stay in touch.  I'd love to hear about your experience. 
Bettiedidnt
on 8/29/08 2:16 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
VSG on 09/24/08 with
Oh yes, I went to the forum first.  Originally, I wanted to have a Lap-band but after hearing all the options, the sleeve is the best option for me.  Took a while to get through the pathway and I have pre-op next friday.  I'll let you know how that goes! :)
Most Active