Surgery date 9/8

ImJeniH
on 8/26/08 3:48 am - Katy, TX
Does any one have any advice for me? Looking for supporters close to Skagit / Whatcom County?

Jeni......
Highest/Consult W/Surgery W/Current W/Goal W
348/303/298/159/149

Helen_Anne
on 8/26/08 5:23 am - Bremerton, WA

Sorry... I don't have any advise for support groups in your area..

But, I want to welcome you the Washington Board.  There is great support here!!!

Congrats on your surgery date!

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

ImJeniH
on 8/26/08 5:33 am - Katy, TX
Thank you!

Jeni......
Highest/Consult W/Surgery W/Current W/Goal W
348/303/298/159/149

jillianD
on 8/26/08 8:10 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Read the RNY board. Everything you can.  Try and ignore the wars going on right now.  Also weightloss surgery for dummies is a good book.

Welcome to the Wa board, any questions toss em out here.  Its safer.  LOL
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/26/08 2:24 pm - Buckley, WA
Welcome to the Wa. board & congratulations on your upcoming surgery . Kathy

nancy6
on 8/26/08 2:28 pm - Tacoma, WA
Welcome to the Washington board and congrats on your upcoming surgery date!  It won't be long now!!  I'm in the Tacoma area so am unfamiliar with any support groups in your area, but would highly recommend you get involved in any support group you can find.  Your surgeon's office and/or hospital should be able to give you some info on local groups.  As Jill mentioned, read a lot and just take in all the info you can find.  My personal advice would be to follow your doctor's orders completely...  Do your best to get all your liquids in after surgery and move as much as you can (to prevent blood clots).  As far as getting all the liquids in, do the best you can right after surgery and you'll be getting them all in in no time.  If you have a recliner at home, you may want to sleep in that for a couple nights after you get home.  I didn't really need to, but I know others have really appreciated using the recliner!  If you have any specific questions, please feel free to post them or send me a PM and I'd be happy to share any of my experiences with you.  I had RNY 12/6/07 and had a very easy recovery.  I've lost 100+ pounds so far and am happy where I'm at.  To get to a "normal" BMI I need to drop another 20 pounds, but am not stressing out about it...  Again, welcome to the Washington board and I wish you all the best with your surgery and recovery!!

~Nancy~

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/26/08 7:52 pm
I'm not near you, but congrats on your date! This is a great place to find out about your surgery, and being informed gives us a better chance at succeeding with our WLS. Welcome to the WA board!
Most Active