Oh my go**** happened again!

hangin_on
on 8/23/08 7:36 am
I haven't posted since 2006, I was rejected for surgery (not heavy enuf for years required).  Well I went thru Fish Center back then and the closed up after my tests and consult.  Wellll....... it happened today again at the Valley this morning in Renton.  Got my letter to join us for an informational seminar.......the Dr. A for the center never showed....there were five people and no Doctor showed.  I went over to the hospital's baratric center and asked one of the nurses there if the center had closed, and they confirmed it!!!  Our letters were dated Aug 15th for confirmation of our seminar.  They said Valley discontinued the program, I would have at least wanted a phone call, now I have to start all over again....jeez this is a crazy way to do business.  Any help anyone.....thanks...Hangin on.
VickiStevens
on 8/23/08 11:55 am - Tacoma, WA
Yes, the center closed.  You are right, they should have sent you a letter or called to tell you the seminar was cancelled. 

My doc, Dr. Srikanth, is in Federal Way at St. Francis.   He is excellent, has a great bedside manner, has the center of excellence designation and does pretty much every weight loss surgery out there - band, RNY, DS, and I guess just added the sleeve since I saw it in his ad recently (he just started doing this one but it is the "first half" of the DS which he has been doing for years).  His website is at http://www.centerforweightlosssurgery.com.  Let me warn you the website isn't the best - I really wish he would update it- but it does give contact info. 

There are many other reputable, stable surgeons in the area so I know you will find someone who meets your needs.

Hang in there and good luck.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/08 7:37 am - Buckley, WA
Keep plugging away . I believe things happen for a reason . There are great doctors available . As was already mentioned , St. Francis hospital is a center of excellence , so you could contact them . Good luck .

hangin_on
on 8/24/08 8:08 am
Thanks so much everyone, for your kind words, I too believe everything happens for a reason.  But the people I met at the seminar that didn't happen......well they jokingly asked me NOT to follow them to St Francis..(LOL)..hopefully I don't jinx that center! 
Most Active