Hello! I'm NEW here, and working on 5%

kittykatzmom
on 8/24/08 1:52 am - Mason co., WA
Welcome, you will find this is a great place for support, and answering any questions you may have, I live in Shelton, but  there are a couple people from Oly and Lacey.  Good luck as you start your jouney.

~Cindy~

Helen_Anne
on 8/24/08 6:27 am - Bremerton, WA
Teresa...

Welcome  to the Washington Board!!!  There is great support here...  

Helen

Consult W/Surgery W/Revision W/Goal W
332.5/302.6/231/200

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/08 7:21 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome Teresa . I didn't see it , maybe i'm blind , are you having an RNY or a Lap Band ? I have Uniform , but had mine before they covered it . I hope your process goes quickly . Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/08 9:42 am - WA
Kathy, I'm having the RNY procedure.   That's the only one that Uniform will pay for, for people from age 18-64. 

I've been reading so much here...I'm starting to get freaked out about all the things that "could" happen if I go through with this!
KARA_TOP
on 8/24/08 2:23 pm - richland, WA
Just wanted to say HELLO!!!!  I to have uniform medical and Riaz is my contact as well (just for the record, I believe Riaz to be a dude)(but in this day and age lord only knows).  I reached my 5% loss on August 13 and had my referal letter on August 18.  I will be going to Spokane though.

~Kara

WELCOME ABOARD!!!!
Terri K.
on 8/25/08 4:34 am - Vancouver, WA

Hi Teresa...

I live in Vancouver and have Uniform/Riaz also.  For all curious....he is a he (I know because the gal who had his job before he took over told me).  Although, I guess I never doubted or thought he was a she...anyhow....

I too am going through OWLS at Good Sam.  Do you know who you want for your surgeon yet?

You may check out the Oregon board also, as there are a lot of posters that have gone through Good Sam.  They are a good program and err on the side of caution.

tk

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/08 6:52 am, edited 8/25/08 7:04 am - WA

Hi TK!

I talked to Riaz this morning, and now I am certain he is a he.  

I don't know WHY I assumed he was a she after talking to him for over an hour....maybe it's his laugh!  LOL!

I faxed back my release of info this morning, and I will hopefully be at 5% by the time I go see my doctor on Sept 8!      I want to get this show on the road!

Do I have a choice of surgeon at Good Sam?   I'd really like Dr. Patterson, just because of her experience and credentials, but I'm sure everyone else wants her too and that she's got a much longer waiting list than Dr. Jan or Dr. Halpin.

Do you have your surgery scheduled?  How far are you in the process  at Good Sam?    How long after you reached your 5% did it take to get scheduled at Good Sam?  Can you tell me their process?  

I'm hoping I can get most of what needs to be done, done in one day as I'll be driving almost 2 hours.  I'm sure they'll help schedule all my appointments with that in mind.  At least I hope!

I'm so excited to find someone who's going to the same place as I am!  

amm2008
on 8/26/08 8:18 am - Seattle, WA
Hi,

I have Uniform, Riaz, and went to OWLS last month for surgery.

Good luck w/ everything!

Alicia
Most Active