Intial Visit done diet help needed

OUTLAWPINTO
on 8/23/08 1:02 am - Leavenworth, WA
 I had my first visit with the Surgeon. Am scheduling all the test next week. Not a hugh amount as I had a bunch of stuff done in June. Am working on my pre op weight 5 % to lose. Any suggestions on diet food would be helpful.

I Have cut my carbs to about 22 g a day. What else should I do. Then there is the smoking Which has to end by the 28th of Aug. I can not use the patch as I had a Heart Attack 3.5 yrs ago.  By the way my 5% is only 10.9 lbs so should be fairly easy right?

My pre weight is 218 lbs goal  weight 125
jillianD
on 8/23/08 2:46 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I think the best way is to start tracking everything that you eat.  Go to www.thedailyplate.com sign up its free.  You can punch in your current weight and goal weight, and it will give you a general idea of what your BMR is.  From there you can adjust your calorie intake to your weight loss goals.  After surgery the calorie part isn't very helpful but I do track every day to make sure I am hitting my protein goals.
It is very easy to use.
Also start walking now, it will help oxygen get through you body better which will help in you healing afterwards.
Good luck with the smoking, I went cold turkey 2 years ago, didn't like the patch, but I have seen a lot of sucess with Chantix.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 8/23/08 3:16 am - Bremerton, WA

I totally agree with Jill... I was shocked about how many calories I was eatting until I statrted writing everything down on "The Daily Plate".

Re: smoking.... I have heard lots of people have had great success Chantix.

Good Luck....

Helen

OUTLAWPINTO
on 8/23/08 7:00 am - Leavenworth, WA
 Wow checked out my plate and on average I am eating about 800 cals a day. I think that is a good thing I am down 4.5 lbs for the 14th of this month. I did have a 6-8 pack of coke a day and now have none not even diet. So I am now going to work on the smoking thing real heavy this week. I can do it I know I can.
BIG THANKS for the ideas
Most Active