I made it to "Twoterville"

Helen_Anne
on 8/23/08 3:49 am - Bremerton, WA
I weighed myself this morning and Im 299... well thats the average of the 3 weights I took. Yeah!

My first weight  after surgery was around 306ish... so I immediately got off the scale... since I didn't want to get depressed... efven though I knew it was from the IV fluids...

I am so gratefull... I have had almost no nausea and no vomiting.  I think I had a slight dumping episode yesterday... the cream of rice cereal I was eating got too thick... and i was almost done.. and I started getting sweaty and light headed... and didnt feel too good... but after I laid down for 15-20 minutes I felt fine.

So far the only protein drink that has not tasted very good was some strawberry.. but that's  why I have many to choose from... i had the Champion Cookies and Cream yesterday... and that tasted great.

The only thing that feels weird... is that I am either drinking... waiting to eat... eating... waiting to drink... and back to drinking... but  I guess thats my job now...  Quesion... do I get to count my protein drink liquid in my total liquid for the day?

I hope everyone is have a great weekend....

Helen
sunnyinseattle1
on 8/23/08 4:34 am
Great!!!!!!!!!!!

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

hangokid11
on 8/23/08 7:33 am - MT
no    protein shakes are  what your protein intake is...   liquids are H2O    
jillianD
on 8/23/08 2:29 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I counted my shakes as liquid for the day, I had a very hard time getting enough in early on though.  Good to practice waiting to drink before and after your "meals" though.

Sounds like you are doing great Helen, glad to hear a little update!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

auntie-boopee
on 8/24/08 1:20 am - Silverdale, WA
Helen

Glad to hear  that things are going well for you.  Keep up the good work.  I was told that your protein drink counts toward in total liquid intake, but I have not had surgery yet!

Karen
lizzybear
on 8/24/08 11:28 am - Olympia, WA
Hey Helen - glad to hear you're doing so great!!  My nut told me that a protein drink counts toward your daily liquid intake, but also counts as a meal, not just a fluid - so two in one - and had me wait the 30 minutes before and after the protein drink to drink any other fluids.  

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

SmilinsShrinking
on 8/27/08 1:31 pm - Kent, WA
DS on 08/05/16
That is AWESOME!!  I can't wait to get to be your neighbor in TwoTerville!! :)

*hugs*
Smilin'

Revision band to DS. I had plastics to take care of my jiggily bits. I'm feeling so good!! My results have been even better than I ever dreamed.

jcheryld
on 9/3/08 7:44 am
Woohoo for Twoterville! I made it there today!!!  I don't know why weight is falling off of me effortlessly as I prepare for surgery (no date yet, waiting on consult). Weird how the way things work.
Most Active