Kellogg's Protein Water Mix

Beetle
on 8/22/08 8:35 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia

Forgive me if you all know about this already - wouldn't be the first time I'm the last to figure something out :-)

I bought some "Special K2O Protein Water Mix" today. Tastes very similar to Crystal Light, has 0g sugar, but 5g fiber and 5g of protein.

5g isn't a whole lot, but it adds up, right?

Here is the website for the whole nutritional story.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

Shelley S.
on 8/22/08 10:42 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Karin! I've been thinking about trying some but always forget when I'm in the store.  Thanks for the reminder, think I will give it a shot

kakkling
on 8/22/08 2:01 pm - Tac, WA

I have been wanting to try the "Special K20" where did you buy it?
Thanks, Kelly

Beetle
on 8/23/08 2:48 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
I found it at Albertsons.
kakkling
on 8/23/08 2:27 pm - Tac, WA
Thanks Karin, I work for Safeway. We had it when it frist came out, but no longer carry it. I didn't try it then because at the time I was a pop drinker. Now that I have given up Diet Coke, I have been whating to check it out. I guess I will be taking a trip to Albertsons!
Take care,
Kelly
figbart
on 8/22/08 2:23 pm - Bellevue, WA

Have any of you tried the WheyUp protein /energy drink??  I love it !! It has 20 g of protein and 90 calories...............it helps me keep my fluids and my protein up............it also has a little bit of caffeine.............it really helps keep my energy up...............you have to order it on line............but I think it is great.
Yummoooo
Linda

SW238/ GW120
5'2'' BMI42?  I AM ON MY WAY !!

brneyes
on 8/22/08 3:50 pm - Lynnwood, WA

My favorite Special K20 is the Tropical flavors.  You can buy them separate or in a pack.  I've found them in most stores, although the cheapest has been Top Foods.  They are usually where the diet products are (Slimfast etc.).

jillianD
on 8/22/08 4:38 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hey Karin!  Just wondering how everything is going for you?
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Beetle
on 8/23/08 2:58 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Hey Jill,
despite having the MEDIAL RNY, my weight is coming off ridiculously slowly, but I had expected that. If I still manage to get rid of it inside the "window of opportunity", I'll be happy, even if it takes me 3 or 4 times as long as everyone else.
Other than that, I'm doing great. Recovery has been fast and super easy, thanks for asking.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you and the others again soon.

Hi, I'm Karin  Start 310 / Surgery 283 / Current 168 / Goal 150
Would you like help with a photo or avatar? Contact me ...

jillianD
on 8/23/08 2:21 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Remember now those who had a strict liquid diet, and lost a bit of weight before surgery, tend not to lose as fast the first month as those who didn't.  You lost all your excess water weight earlier on.  (tha****er is the reason for big losses the first month)
Sounds like you are right on track to me!  Glad you are having a good recovery!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active