New and reading but scares me

OUTLAWPINTO
on 8/22/08 5:33 am - Leavenworth, WA
 I am beginning my pre diet and reading all the stuff people have written. Food OMG I am such a baby. If I throw it up it will be years before I eat it again. Drink my med's oh  help me here I can gag just swallowing them.
 I could use some strong advise on how to do these things.
1. I have never drank Milk.
2. Protien drinks how?
3. I gag if I hear someone gag.
 I am  a lot worried now. I can not even swallow cough syrup.

VickiStevens
on 8/22/08 10:38 am - Tacoma, WA
It's all easier than you think, especially when you know it is what keeps you alive and healthy. 

I am not a real milk drinker either - except for my lattes.  I mix my protein shakes with water.  They are very tasty, no milk necessary.
I use children's chewables for my vitamins (they taste good) and chewable calcium.  I cheat on the calcium and use Viactiv rather than the calcium citrate my doc wants but since my calcium levels are fine it's okay.

When I need medication (which is rare because I am so healthy now), I attempt to get liquid.  My PCP has been very helpful in working on this with me.  If not, I make sure to get something that can be cut up. 

You can do it.  And it is worth it.
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/24/08 7:46 am - Buckley, WA
Welcome . Which surgery are you looking at having . If you are having the RNY , you won't be able to use Viactive , which Vicky uses . We use calcium citrate . I use childerens gummy vitamins for my multi . As an RNYer I have to take a lot of supplements , as we malabsorb . Most of mine are capsul . I don't do milk . My shakes are mixed with water . If you want it bad enough , you'll find a way to deal with the things that bother you . Good luck . Kathy

Most Active