I'm Cute!!! Off Scale Victory

Anna T.
on 8/18/08 3:49 pm - Marysville, WA

Off scale victory... I 've never driven in Oregon before and went down there over the Fourth of July weekend to visit a friend.  When I went to get gas, the station I went to was a "mini-serve" (whatever that means!) so I had no idea what my role was in getting the gas from the pump to my tank and was watching the other drivers for queues... they were out of their cars, and some were even BY THE PUMPS!!! It didn't look any different to me than a gas station does in Washington - and I may be a girl, but I know how to pump my own gas - so I got out of the car, paid and started to put the pump in my tank, selected the grade I wanted, and then... one of the attendants came over to inform me that pumping your own gas is illeagal in the state of Oregon... Ok, fine... so I backed away, and he pulled the trigger and I walked back to the driver's side of the car.  We started small talking and I told him it was my first time driving in the state, that I was there visiting a frined and driving back to Washington the next day, and OUT OF NOWHERE he told me that he thought I AM CUTE!!!!!!

I know, I know, this shouldn't be a big deal, but this was COMPLETELY out of the blue and unsolisited, and from a complete stranger!!!  I've NEVER been told I was attractive - not even by close friends and for a complete stranger to say it...   AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! (And it's not even like we were in a bar so I can't blame it on beer goggles!)

hangokid11
on 8/18/08 4:20 pm - MT
LOL,  that's a funny story. I bet your self esteem went way up... bet it feels good, huh?  Your story is great and reminds us of what's in store for us in the future. Big grins!
Annie B.
on 8/19/08 1:52 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with

What a great feeling!
I'm looking forward to the day some stranger tells me I'm attractive! My husband tells me all the time, but then his vision is clouded by the ring on his hand. LOL.

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active