Commissary shoppers - can you help?

nancy6
on 8/17/08 3:41 am - Tacoma, WA
Brandy mentioned that PB2 may be available in the military commissaries according to the manufacturer.  Would any of you Madigan gals be willing to check that out before I send in an online order?  If any of you were willing to do that and pick up a bunch for us, that would no doubt save everyone the shipping costs...  Anyway, if there are any commissary shoppers willing to take on this little project, let me know.  Thanks much!

~Nancy~

Shelley S.
on 8/17/08 6:41 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I just got back from there and looked, nope none there and no place for them that I could see.  Meaning they had it and sold out.  I made a point to look since I had to go anyway, sorry though

Shelley S.
on 8/17/08 6:42 am - Ft Lewis, WA
I should add, I went to the Ft Lewis commisary, not sure about the McChord one, maybe Annie or someone close can look there.

nancy6
on 8/17/08 10:23 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Shelley...  Maybe it's just that they are starting to get it into the commissaries - it may not be out on the west coast yet!  :)  Thanks so much for checking.  I'll see what Annie finds at the McChord commissary.

~Nancy~

Annie B.
on 8/17/08 8:46 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
I will take a look when I go - may not be until Monday or Tuesday...I don't recall ever seeing it there, but I'll look (at the McChord Commissary).

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

nancy6
on 8/17/08 10:25 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Annie!  If you would check at McChord whenever you get there and let me know, that would be great.  I'll wait to hear from you.  Thanks again!  :)

~Nancy~

Geminidream
on 8/20/08 3:59 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Nancy, I'm seeing your post late but I know from having been at the Fairchild Commissary yesterday that they haven't carried it yet.  That they *may* is really exciting news!  I just cracked open my last PB2 and am doling it out carefully. 

Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
nancy6
on 8/20/08 12:34 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Molly - That is great news for the military shoppers.  I hope that the commissaries in the northwest do start carrying it!  I've been like you - using it very sparingly...    But now that I've placed an order with the company, I think I'll have plenty to last me for a while!    Too bad you don't live over this way and could have gotten in on the order with us!  Enjoy your PB2 and hopefully you'll be able to find it soon at the commissary.  Just a suggestion - you might mention it to the commissary manager that you'd like to see them carry it.  Might make a difference if they have any control over what they order...  Take care!

~Nancy~

pomlvr03
on 8/20/08 1:10 pm
 Okay, I give.....what is PB2?
nancy6
on 8/20/08 1:15 pm - Tacoma, WA
LOL!  It's a powdered peanut butter that is much lower in calories and fat than the regular stuff.  It's like 54 calories for 2 Tbsp. compared to around 200 calories for 2 Tbsp. of the regular peanut butter.  You can reconstitute it with water or use it in powder form in protein shakes or other things.  You can get lots more info at www.bellplantation.com - that's the company that makes it.  It's good stuff!!

~Nancy~

Most Active