Uniform Medical

KARA_TOP
on 8/15/08 8:26 am - richland, WA
Is anyone else with this insurance company?  I reached my 5% weight loss Wednesday (their goal for me)...I am just curious as to how long it should take to get my referal, I am starting to get excited.  Riaz is my pre-surgical nurse. 
amm2008
on 8/15/08 10:22 am - Seattle, WA
Hi,

Riaz is my case manager too. Check my profile for my pre-surgical timeline.  I was accepted into the pre-surg program in mid Jan-08 and had surgery on 7/15.

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck!

Alicia
jcheryld
on 8/15/08 11:45 am
I have Uniform PPO too, and have Riaz as my case manager. I made my 5% goal today. I've heard anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months at this point.
lizzybear
on 8/16/08 11:42 am, edited 8/16/08 11:46 am - Olympia, WA
Riaz is my UMP case manager, too.  He's awesome to work with - very informative.  Once I reached my 5% goal, I got my final approval letter within days.  It was very quick.  Then I called my surgeon's office and asked what appointments I needed and they helped me set everything up.  Mine was a very quick process, but since the surgery has become so much more popular and now that more insurers are paying for it, the actual timeframe for scheduling all depends on your specific surgeon's schedule.  I got all done and to surgery within a month, but I've heard my surgeon's office is now scheduling 4-5 months out because they're so doing so many more surgeries now that more insurers are covering it and so less patients have to save up and pay out of pocket!

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

karen C.
on 8/18/08 9:56 am - Kennewick, WA
I'm glad Uniform Medical has finally seen the light. I had LAP RNY on 2/16/05. At that time Uniform Medical had a phrase in their policy that read "Even if medically necessary we WON"T cover weight loss surgery."  Lovely huh? I fought it to the state insurance commissioner and still came up having to self pay. Almost $24,000.00. . . . . But still worth it. It just makes me sad that those same insurance companies Uniform Medical among them will pay $24,000.00 every other year for alcohol or drug treatment. The only difference is that food is a LEGAL form of self abuse.  Best wishes to you. I live in Kennewick.

Karen C

jcheryld
on 8/19/08 11:31 am
On August 18, 2008 at 4:56 PM Pacific Time, karen C. wrote:
I'm glad Uniform Medical has finally seen the light. I had LAP RNY on 2/16/05. At that time Uniform Medical had a phrase in their policy that read "Even if medically necessary we WON"T cover weight loss surgery."  Lovely huh? I fought it to the state insurance commissioner and still came up having to self pay. Almost $24,000.00. . . . . But still worth it. It just makes me sad that those same insurance companies Uniform Medical among them will pay $24,000.00 every other year for alcohol or drug treatment. The only difference is that food is a LEGAL form of self abuse.  Best wishes to you. I live in Kennewick.
Oh Karen, I completely agree. Prior to Uniform through PEBB I had Group Health which had the same exclusionary language.... yet inpatient substance abuse treatment was fully covered. How irritating! I'm glad Uniform now sees the light, too.
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/19/08 2:27 pm - Buckley, WA

I'm with the other self pay Uniform person . I had my RNY in 06 & they began covering it in 07 . I'm happy for you guys who are now getting it covered . I always thought it was counter productive healthwise that they didn't cover it . Kathy

Most Active