I did it! 5% goal met!

jcheryld
on 8/15/08 6:07 am
Well after 6wks I finally did it! Lost my 5% as required by my insurance. The next step is surgical and psych consults and finally a date! VA Mason told me that they have surgery openings in October... could I be done with my workups by then?

I'm so excited! Just wanted to share, thanks everyone 4 your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cfidecaro
on 8/15/08 6:52 am - Snohomish, WA
CONTGRATS !! You have made it over the biggest step...everything else should be pretty easy 

lizzybear
on 8/15/08 8:11 am, edited 8/15/08 8:11 am - Olympia, WA
Congratulations!!!  Oh yeah, there should be no problem getting your consults and stuff done in time for October surgery.  As soon as I got my approval from my insurance co after losing my 5%, I called the surgeon's office (Dr. Hunter at Virginia Mason) and asked how I got my date and they scheduled all my appointments for me and we even scheduled the surgery date at that time.  From receipt of insurance approval letter to the first surgery date they offered me was 3 weeks, but I put mine off another few weeks because of work things and having a specific timeframe where I wanted to take my leave from work.

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

jcheryld
on 8/15/08 9:59 am
Thank you!

Oh... that is awesome news! I would love to see things move along that fast! I had it stuck in my head that I'd be waiting until at least Feb '08, but this is even better. Did you talk to either Lana Lee, the bariatric coordinator, or Ethan at VA Mason to schedule? I can't wait for that letter, its like my golden ticket!
amm2008
on 8/15/08 10:26 am - Seattle, WA
Congrats!  I hope you can get a date in Oct!

Alicia
jcheryld
on 8/16/08 10:12 am

Well, my "golden ticket"  came the mail today! I called to make sure my case manager got my verified weight and I'm so glad he got the letter out right away. Now its on to VA Mason! This is happening so fast!

lizzybear
on 8/16/08 11:08 am - Olympia, WA
Wow - that was fast.  Now things should move right along.  Nope, I worked with Dr. Hunter's staff and his assistant is Steve Geary. 

Good luck on getting everything scheduled and getting your date soon!! 

Highest 323 / Surgery Day 289 / Current 165 - RNY 10-27-07, Hit Goal 08-18-08. Tummy tuck 10-28-09 - UW Plastic Surgery Residency Ctr, Breast/Arm Lift w/Dr. Sepehr Egrari in Bellevue, WA on 5-22-13!

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.  Unknown

KARA_TOP
on 8/16/08 1:11 pm - richland, WA
Thats awesome, congratulations on getting your golden ticket!!!!!  I had my weight verified and faxed last Wednesday and I havent recieved mine yet and I am getting anxious!!!!!  Now that I have heard how quick it can be I might call Riaz Monday (to verify that my doctors office did there part)  and make sure he got it. 

~Kara
jcheryld
on 8/16/08 1:46 pm

Kara,
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your letter on Monday! I know that the sweaky wheel gets the grease- I called him twice the day of my verified weight that I personally faxed in to verify that he received the fax I sent. I think that made it happen. I have had the best luck reaching him on the phone right at 8:00am or at 12:00pm lunchtime to see if he got it Hopefully it is not your docs office dragging their feet... get a copy of that verified weight for your files... you know how offices always lose things? Scary!

KARA_TOP
on 8/18/08 8:27 am - richland, WA
Still no golden ticket :(........I called Riaz and left a message leaving my phone number and just letting him know that I was making sure that my doctors office faxed him and they didnt drop the ball, I told him I was very excited to move onto the next step.  I am just worried about irritating him!!

~Kara
Most Active