Dr Oelschlager ... UW ...

tlmjt
on 8/7/08 10:32 am - Seattle area, WA
Hi everyone!  I am getting ready to face a revision surgert to RNY from the Lap Band.  I was wondering if anyone know Dr Oelschlager and what they think of him.

Thanks!
sunnyinseattle1
on 8/7/08 3:19 pm
I have him. Ithink he is on the "up and up". He is very knowledgable and kind.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

tlmjt
on 8/8/08 2:57 am - Seattle area, WA
Thanks!  How are you doing after the surgery?  I am pretty nervous about the procedure and the adjustment after.  I didn't really have to give up any foods per se with the band and I know that wilol be much different with RNY.
sunnyinseattle1
on 8/8/08 3:11 am
I havent had the surgery yet. I am at the last appt before I get my surgery date. How far are you into the program?  UW has support groups. The next one is August 16th @ 5:30pm . The group is held at the Plaza Cafe in conference room C. These will be my 3rd time going. Good bunch of people.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

tlmjt
on 8/8/08 3:14 am - Seattle area, WA
I am a revision from Lap Band so I don't go through the program the same way (I think :)

I am basically waiting for my appts for blood work, pre op with Dr & Nutritionst.   Then they will schedule a date.

I will ask them about the support grougs ... I would love to participate.  Thanks for the info!

sunnyinseattle1
on 8/8/08 3:27 am
Hope to see you then...... meetings are every 3rd wednesday of the month.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/7/08 4:21 pm, edited 8/7/08 4:21 pm - Buckley, WA
Do you still live in Georgia ? That's quite a travel for surgery . My best friend just moved to Newnan , Georgia . I'll be visiting her after tax return time .  I have heard good things about him , but haven't met him (Dr Oelschlager) .  Kathy

tlmjt
on 8/8/08 2:56 am - Seattle area, WA
I live in Washington now ... just moved here in the last year.  Thanks for the feedback!
Most Active