Nurse Appt Today.....Good News

sunnyinseattle1
on 8/6/08 6:58 am

Hi all. I had an great appt with the Nurse. The group approved me. I had a physical. I also got my 1000- calorie diet from the dietitian. That is an appt I dont have to get later. My surgeon is booked out 2 months. I will be getting a call from a different Patient Care Coordinator. (thank goodness). I should be hearing from her with in 2 weeks with my date. My nurse is on the ball, she is going to be giving the PCC my file today. Yet, the PCC is going on vacation nex week. She will have a replacement. So I am not concerned yet. I will start calling on Monday.

Did anyone have to stop taking BCP's a before and a month after surgery??

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Hislady
on 8/6/08 9:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I am waaay past that stage of life, but I imagine if they want you off of your BCP (I'm assuming this is birth control pills) right around surgery time it is because they can contribute to clotting problems. Best of luck!
sunnyinseattle1
on 8/6/08 11:00 am
Okay They dont want you to have blood clots.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

PinkFlamingoes
on 8/6/08 1:40 pm - Buckley, WA
Great news , sunny !!! Maybe we'll be at the hospital at the same time . For your sake I hope you don't have to wait until Oct 29th , though . It would be ironic , all the same . lol . Yeah for you .

jillianD
on 8/6/08 2:04 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Yea hoo for you and your nurse!!  2 months is not that long of a wait.  Just be careful with your B/C, you don't want to end up pregnant just before surgery or afterwards.(Many people double up on the protection because the pills aren't absorbed as well sometimes and the weight loss seems to make us extra fertile.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

sunnyinseattle1
on 8/6/08 3:22 pm
Really ironic, but I hope to have surgery before my 35th birthday on 11/8.

Jilly - yeah, no sex for me then. I tend to ovulate now..lol

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

sweetkathleen
on 8/7/08 2:13 am - Seattle, WA
Congrats Sunny on getting that final appointment with the nurse. I know you waited a long time. My appointment is next Thursday. See you at support group night.

Kathleen
sunnyinseattle1
on 8/7/08 2:22 am
Thanks Kathleen. I will be at the support group with "bells" on...lol Good luck with your appt.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200

Annie B.
on 8/7/08 6:26 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
YAY!!  Glad things are moving along...and two months isn't all that long..it will FLY by!!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active