Veggies and fruit

juicyprincess
on 8/6/08 1:52 am - Tacoma, WA
I know that protein is the most important piece of your alls diet (i havent been altered yet lol). But where do veggies and fruits fit in to tall of hits?
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 8/6/08 2:41 am - WA
You should ask your Dr. what He wants you to do. I can eat fruits and veggies,small amounts.
juicyprincess
on 8/6/08 2:44 am - Tacoma, WA
Merrilou, did you have RNY? I am going with Dr Oh too. I was just wondering if fresh fruits and veggies cause any problems for RNY (like dumping)?
jillianD
on 8/6/08 6:54 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Fruits and veggies fit in later into most people's diets.  Depending on your Dr.s  program determines when.  I eat both fruit and veggies ~after protein~ some people do dump on the higher sugar fruits.  The higher carb veggies are a once in a while thing (potatoes and corn etc) at least during the weightloss phase.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 8:58 am - Kennewick, WA
I ate mushed veggies and protein at 3 weeks out and enjoyed every bit of it for up to 2 months.  I was careful of frutie and didn't eat it until about 3 months out and now I eat basically all fruits and veggies that I like!

After your surgery and you're not on the liquid/mush stage anymore, try strawberries and SF (sugar free) chocolate pudding, very low calories and the best dessert EVER!!!!!!!!!
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/6/08 1:53 pm - Buckley, WA
protein first , non starchy vegies , fruits , very few simple carbs . ie - potatoes , white rice , corn , flour , etc....Luckily I have tolerated the same fruits & vegies I did pre-op .

Annie B.
on 8/7/08 1:22 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Some days I am just CRAVING fruits - or salad (not usually any other veggie LOL).  So as much as I need protein, I know my body needs something from it.  My main fruits are: grapes, strawberries, watermelon, apples.  It's also great to have just a bit after your protein.  Since we're not supposed to drink anything, a juicy few bites of fruit really help quench my thirst.  I didn't really eat any fruit until I was about 3-4 months out...though I did start on apples a bit sooner (not the peel tho).

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Most Active