need some advice

igmaam
on 8/4/08 10:31 am
My husband is now just over three months post VBG. He has lost 110 lbs. but complains he feels weak and run down. When he transitioned to solid foods, some were not so great and he's gotten sick a number of times. I try to push the proteins in liquid form at least, to keep him going. Do you think that's what he's missing or can you give me any other ideas to give him a boost? He takes liquid vitamins daily. Thanks.
Hislady
on 8/4/08 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
I don't know anything about his particular type surgery, but anytime a person is feeling that run down I would suggest getting in to the doc for some lab work. There are lots of vitamin deficiencies that can cause the tiredness but without the labs it's impossible to even guess what the problem is. This is really a question for a medical professional. Good luck.
nancy6
on 8/4/08 1:04 pm - Tacoma, WA
Well, my first thought is to contact his surgeon's office and let them know how he is feeling and see what they have to say.  Pushing the protein drinks and making sure he's getting all his vitamins in is very important.  I don't know much at all about the VBG surgery so can't really speak to that, but I know that I take lots of vitamins every day and am supposed to have 90 grams of protein via the protein powder shakes...  Seems like your hubby has lost a lot of weight very quickly - of course he's a man and they do lose more quickly - but it could be his body just hasn't quite caught up yet.  I hope that he starts feeling more energy real soon - but do consider contacting the surgeon.  I wish you both all the best...  Take care.

~Nancy~

Starting Over
on 8/4/08 1:33 pm
I definitely agree with the other posters...vitamins! Call the doc!!!
igmaam
on 8/4/08 11:49 pm
Thanks for the advice. His doctor retired shortly after the surgery, but I can contact him by email and see what he thinks. The Navy doctor *****ferred my husband is available too so I'll start with the surgeon and go from there. Appreciate your responses.
Most Active