Feeling flushed and hot after eating

charmar
on 8/2/08 1:42 pm

I had my surgery on July 15th and lost 18 lbs by my 2 week post op check. For the last few days, I've been feeling hotter and flushed after eating. I'm still eating pureed food and always have 2 ounces of protien and then an ounce of vegetables. Has anyone else felt this way? I actually still feel much better when I don't eat! But am following instructions as best I can.

Susan O.
on 8/3/08 2:17 pm - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Just guessing, but it almost sounds like you are dumping. Try not doing any veggies for a meal or two and see if it makes a difference. Do you have any symptoms after a protein shake?

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

charmar
on 8/4/08 2:18 am
Yes, although it is less. I  noticed that while I did take 30 min to eat a meal, I was consuming 1/2 in the first 10 min. So I've slowed that down and that has seemed to help.  Also was getting a little dehydrates so uped my fluids and that has helped  a little also. Learning to eat again is interesting!
Thanks for the suggestion.
Charlene

Also, what brand of protein shake do you like?
Susan O.
on 8/4/08 6:49 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Hi Charlene!
  Glad slowing down is helping. I never was very good at 30 minutes to eat 1 oz.
I use Champion Nutrition's Pure Whey Protein Stack. I like the Banana Scream and the Chocolate.  I do have a vanilla that I use very rarely, and only if I am going to flavor it with some DaVinci syrup or something. To me, the whey smell is too strong in the vanilla.  Do make sure you are getting your protein shakes and other supplements, and don't worry so much about food right now. Unfortunately we can usually eat carbs best when we're starting out, and that just sets us up to stay on that old carb-aholic treadmill. I really wish I had never allowed myself to start eating crackers or any form of bread! Now I am trying to wean off again, as I know I will soon be over my "honeymoon period", and I don't want re-gain!
   Keep up the good work with the drinking!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/08 9:01 am - Kennewick, WA
Sounds like your dumping ... not too bad though cuz usually dumping is accompanied by gagging/puking and pooping so sounds like you're having a "good" dump!!  LOL

Write down what made you feel like that, and give it a week before you try it again.  If you feel like that again, it means that food is on your no no list because it will make you dump every time.
Most Active