I am good to go for surgery

Helen_Anne
on 7/30/08 1:41 pm - Bremerton, WA

My visit with my surgeon went great....all my labs were great...  with the exception of my blood glucose that was a little high - 103.  But isn' t that what RNY is suppose to help ... fix?   Even my iron is even was great.  My doctor even told me that that I should do great in surgery since I am so healthy!

Then I had my appointment with the Anesthesiologist .... and she said I should do great...since... I am so healthy!  WOW .... two doctors in a row telling me how healthy I am....

Next step... start mostly liquid diet on Monday ... hopefully to get  closer to 300#  before surgery. Since I am at 315.5... I may not get too close.

Helen

Annie B.
on 7/30/08 2:59 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
YAY for you helen!!!

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

jillianD
on 7/30/08 3:17 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
You might be surprised how much you lose!  Good to know that you are going into this in such good shape.
Glad to hear how it went today!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Susan O.
on 7/31/08 12:45 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Great news Helen! The liquids will go okay - just keep your eye on the prize!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Shelley S.
on 7/31/08 1:02 am - Ft Lewis, WA
WOOHOO that is awesome news!!!!

kittykatzmom
on 7/31/08 2:59 am - Mason co., WA
that is awesome news, your considered healthy now  just wait for 6 mos and see  how you feel, your gonna feel like jumping out of airplanes (maybe)  lol

~Cindy~

auntie-boopee
on 7/31/08 5:30 am - Silverdale, WA
Great news Helen....I'm right behind you.  Wish you all the best!
Karen
nancy6
on 7/31/08 12:32 pm - Tacoma, WA
That's great news, Helen!  These next couple weeks will fly by for you, I'm sure...  How nice to know how healthy you are before surgery - it can only get better from here!!

~Nancy~

Helen_Anne
on 7/31/08 1:37 pm - Bremerton, WA
Thanks everyone... I am SOOO ready to be sitting on  the Losers Bench!  It was great to see Kelly today... she looked SO great.... happy.... smiling .... so lively.... I am so ready for surgery.  I am glad I am so busy at work that the next couple of weeks are going to pass quickly.

Helen
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 8/1/08 12:28 pm
Before you know it, the surgery will be over and the diet will be a memory. The liquid diet does get old after a while, so I recommend getting as much variety in the drinks that you can, not just different flavors, but you can freeze the protein drinks in a ice cream maker, and they arent that bad. Good luck, your almost there!
Most Active