Pregnancy post-op?

jcheryld
on 7/28/08 2:30 pm
Ok,
So I'm in the pre-op stage and just got some paperwork in the mail from my insurance co, covering all the risks, side effects, etc. It talked about how if you desire to get pregnant in the "near future" then gastric bypass is not for you. WHAT?!!?! I thought it was just an 18month waiting period... is 18 months not the near future? I almost got into a car wreck thinking about this today... I want to have a baby post op... part of the reason I am having surgery is so I can have a healthy pregnancy and not a high risk one- under my PCP's advice!

When I talked to my nurse case manager, he wasn't very supportive... does anyone have any testimonials that can reassure me?
jillianD
on 7/29/08 12:23 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Lot's have kids after surgery.  The thing is I think the 18 minths out is to increase you chances of having a healthy pregnancy.  You will also have to be very careful with you B/C during that time frame.  Here is the link to the postop pregnancy board.  The best place to get your info!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/postop_pregnancy/
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 7/29/08 6:49 am - WA
If you would like to talk to someone who has had 2 babys after her surgery call me and I will give you her number!  Merrilou (253) 939 8865
Most Active