Surgery Scheduled

KitsapMan
on 7/24/08 3:44 pm - WA
I've been a lurker here, reading posts and gathering information. I've done all the research, attended support group meetings, and am about to take the leap. My wife and I have scheduled surgery on August 13th with Dr. Kuri in Tijuana. The arline tickets have been bought, the deposit checks sent; we're committed. It's less than a week before we start the liver shrinking diet, so we're trying to get all of our favorite 'last meals' in before that.

I'm not nervous yet, but I'm sure that will change once we get to the hospital. The biggest challenge I see right now is figuring how to eat after the surgery when we can eat solid food again. It makes me nervous.

I've started a blog to write about my progress which can be seen at KitsapMan.
vitalady
on 7/24/08 4:49 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
there are support groups in Bremerton at Harrison, 3rd Tuesday, 7pm. Any doctor, any surgery type, any stage-- so pre-op, fresh op, long term op, revisions--- all are welcome there.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

KitsapMan
on 7/25/08 3:17 am - WA
Thanks, Michelle.  I've found a support group in Poulsbo which meets the third Thursday of the month in the Poulsbo Library Reading Room.  Do you know who is the contact for the Bremerton Group?  I'm trying to put together a list of groups in Kitsap County.
vitalady
on 7/25/08 5:35 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Acilia Brohman

[email protected]

Yes pronounced "uh-seel-ya"

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

jillianD
on 7/25/08 12:10 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Your Surgeon should send you home with a plan for eating when you come home, and if you have problems you can always try us! 
Good luck with your surgery!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 7/25/08 12:51 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Good luck to you and your wife!! As Jill said, your surgeon should send you home with a plan.  It can all be very nerve racking at first when you begin to eat, but in time it becomes second nature.  Keeping a daily food journal helps me out a lot to make sure I'm getting enough of my surgeon's requirements for nutrition.  And, we are always here to help if/when you need us

Helen_Anne
on 7/25/08 1:35 am - Bremerton, WA

Congrats on your Surgery dates!!!   You  are  haveing surgery just a week before me.  I didn't realize there was a support group at Harrison.... hopefully I will see you there some time.  I know I will need lots of support after surgery.

Helen

kittykatzmom
on 7/25/08 2:08 pm - Mason co., WA
Good luck and congrats on wanting to change your life for the better.
There is also a support group that meets the 1st Tues of each month at the Brem naval hosp. it is open to all, in fact or next meeting will be a picnic at the Jackson park housing park on the water from 5:30 - 7:30 its the 5th of Aug. its a great group without gossip. pure support.

~Cindy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 7/25/08 4:04 pm - Buckley, WA
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery . And welcome to no longer lurking . It is such an exiting time for you . Make sure you share your Out of country surgery experience with us . Many of us are always curious about surgery in Mexico . Since many can't afford surgeru in the US .

Susan O.
on 7/26/08 3:01 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Welcome and good luck! You'll do great - just don't worry about food - that will come later. Drinking and protein will be your challenges at first - and you will find that is all you want! Keep writing! And please introduce yourselves so we have a name to call you!!  (and NOT that kind of name!)

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active