Hmm I need something to do!

jillianD
on 7/24/08 7:04 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Well I wasn't going to cause I went to tuesdays, but now I will be there cause I am incrediably nosey!!  LOL  Come on gimme a hint!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Susan O.
on 7/24/08 7:53 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Wellllll.... it has to do with feet.

I've got to get going now.....See ya tonight!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Shelley S.
on 7/24/08 8:23 am - Ft Lewis, WA
OMG Susan is a TEASE!!  lol  I of course will be there and the knit and ***** sounds AWESOME!! Brandi's girlfriend taught her to knit and Brandi actually likes to do it now.  I can crochet a tiny bit, my grandmother taught me when I was very young.  Let me see what I can do about some candle stuff, maybe I will set up a "candle making party" at my house sometime where everyone can make their own to take home.

I fully admit to being online too much myself.  I do have 2 online shops that I am overhauling at the moment so that's taking a lot of my time so I check boards to make the html in my head spinning around take a little break  lol.  I go to the hobby boards (candles), military spouse boards, as well as this one so it's nice to go to them when I get frustrated during the "design" issues that come up while I'm redoing the shops  lol.

nancy6
on 7/24/08 1:51 pm - Tacoma, WA
I think we're all in the same boat - I've been trying to think of a hobby to start, too!  All of the suggestions sound great.  If any of the classes get started, count me in!!  I definitely need something to do to keep from eating!  :)  Thanks for bringing up this great topic, Jill.  And thanks, Shelley, for considering doing a candle class...  Keep us all posted!

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 7/24/08 2:51 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ok Shelly I am offically beggin for a candle class.  Purleaze... pretty purlease....
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

akashirl
on 7/24/08 2:52 pm - Seattle, WA
Keep me posted. I'm in for whatever.
Julie

mdbaskett
on 7/25/08 5:14 am - Seattle, WA
In the jewelry department, beading is incredibly easy.  Plus if you make a mistake, its a lot easier to correct than a knitting mistake.  However, it has the same dangers as knitting and sewing  Namely, that once you start, every time you see a fabric, yarn or bead that you like you buy it for some future project and end up with more supplies than you could ever actually use (I think I own about $2000 in beads and beading supplies).

Crochet and knitting are both excellent hobbies and are easy to do frequently to keep your hands away from snack foods.

Candlemaking is a little harder to do on a regular basis because of the prep work involved.

Photography is a good hobby.  It gets you out and about, you only need one piece of equipment and if you go digital you don't even have to buy film.  I would also sugges****ercolor or drawing.  You can do it with a pad of paper, a pencil  and a kids watercolor set.  Collage is good too, as are singing lessons or a swing dance class.

I mention these additional activities because I personally struggle with perfectionism and I suspect that a lot of the people I meet on the boards here do to.  I have always been afraid to do anything artistic because I might not be good enough.  Challenging oneself to try it anyway is, I believe, an exercise worth attempting.

High - 369 / Surgery (7/2/08) - 344 / Current - 180 / Goal - 170

Starting Over
on 7/25/08 1:03 pm

Well, only because I have no patience...and am completely creative-illiterate, I offer BIKE RIDING as something to do. I just purchased a new bike yesterday, and am super excited to get more miles out of this one. If there are any people on the board who have bikes and would like to hit up some trails let me know...HAVE BIKE RACK-WILL TRAVEL! lol

Oh, and what about scrapbooking? I really want to learn but again...vreative-illiterate.hehehe

Most Active