Karin (Beetle)

jillianD
on 7/22/08 6:35 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hi all I just wanted to announce that Karin has made it tthrough surgery!  Her surgeon said everything went fine and her hubby Paul is waiting to see her.

Welcome to the loosers bench Karin!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 7/22/08 7:54 am - Ft Lewis, WA
YAY Karin, welcome to the losers bench!!! Thanks for the update Jill

southerngrl
on 7/22/08 8:33 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Welcome, welcome, welcome Karin,

We are glad to have you....Congrats
I am on a journey...to get back to real me! I als.o want to learn as much as possible and make as many friends as possible
Shelly W.
on 7/22/08 11:08 am - Sumner, WA
Oh, I'm so glad to hear this great news.  Here's to a speedy recovery.

Thanks for posting, Jill
--Shelly

Helen_Anne
on 7/22/08 12:23 pm - Bremerton, WA
Congrats Karin on getting a seat on the losers bench!  I will be joining you soon!

Helen
grandmabev47
on 7/22/08 2:50 pm - Olympia, WA
RNY on 03/03/08 with
Glad your doing well Karin...and joining all of us on the losers bench.....It was good to see you today Jill you are looking really good and the haircut is sooo cute...Bev

jillianD
on 7/22/08 3:14 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks Bev!  You need a new avie!!  You don't look anything like the one you have up now.

Beetle
on 7/23/08 10:45 am - Brisbane (Norman Park), Australia
Thanks for posting this, Jill, and thanks for thinking of me, everyone!
I'm home and feeling a little under the weather but nothing I wouldn't expect.
Dr Srikanth managed to do my medial gastric bypass laproscopically via 9 small holes. It took him about 5 1/2 hours to do it!
I'm not happy with my veins, they had to put in three IV lines because they kept shutting down.

There is NO way I'll get in the 80 oz of water he wants me to drink, but I'll just do my best.

Other than that, I"m looking forward to feeling good again, and getting on with some serious weight loss.

My darling hubby is currently installing a grab bar over the guest bed, that might help with turning around and getting up.

Thanks for all the good vibes.

jillianD
on 7/23/08 11:12 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Just don't forget the sugar free popcicles!!  Those are liquid too!  Just keep sippin and walking and you will be fine!

nancy6
on 7/23/08 1:12 pm - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations on the successful (but long) surgery, Karin!  So glad he was able to do the medial bypass laporascopically - that will be a much easier recovery in my opinion...   I'm sure you will feel better every day and that weight will just start falling off!  What a wonderful hubby you have to install the grab bar.  I'm sure you'll find that to be very helpful!  Take care and keep us posted on how you're doing...

~Nancy~

Most Active