BCBS of Mass is God sent!!!

Andrea C.
on 7/22/08 4:14 am - Arlington, WA
So after getting my referral letter from the surgeon on the 12th of July, BCBS of Mass has approved me already (July 21st) . I have them through my work (Marshalls) and they have been so good.  So if any of you have BCBS of Mass and have any questions let me know and i will try to help as much as possible. BTW i have no thyroid  anymore caused by thyroid cancer so i dont know if that is why i got approved so soon, but maybe its just the insurance in general.

http://www.bluecrossma.com/common/en_US/medical_policies/379 _Medical_and_Surgical_Management_of_Obesity_including_Anorex iants_prn.pdf#page=1
nancy6
on 7/22/08 4:26 am - Tacoma, WA
Congratulations - that's great news!!  Isn't it wonderful when the insurance companies work quickly?  :)  Even better when you're pleased with how they are treating you all the way along.  It can sometimes be a real challenge working with them!  I wish you all the best as you move forward to having this life-changing surgery!  Take care...

~Nancy~

Starting Over
on 7/23/08 1:32 am
I too have BCBS...but of Texas. You know, my surgeon's office was telling me that BCBS is GREAT if it's out of state, but they said that washington state bcbs usually puts up a fight to approve the surgery.
CONGRATS ON THE APPROVAL!!!!
brneyes
on 7/24/08 10:08 am - Lynnwood, WA
I  work for one of the bcbs here in Washington.... I'm 100% self paid....that tells you something doesn't it? 

I'm happy for you!  Good luck with your surgery!  I had mine last Friday and have my post op tomorrow.  Its a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Andrea C.
on 7/28/08 2:33 pm, edited 7/28/08 2:34 pm - Arlington, WA
Thank you very much everyone! I had to schedule my surgery date in September because its blackout time at work. I am so excited! The wait is eating away at me. Anyone have suggestions of what i should buy to be more prepared for the surgery and lifestyle change? Im mostly wondering if i should buy protein supplements ahead of time.  Thanks in advance.
Most Active