Mexico??

tiffany G.
on 7/21/08 7:16 pm - shelton, WA
RNY on 09/09/08 with
I was just wondering if anyone on here in washington has went to mexico and had Gastric Bypass Surgery?? I dont have health insurance but, I do have enough to have it done in mexico.. I have not heard any bad things about having it done there. I have actually heard really good things.. So what I'm getting at is if someone has had it done there if they could share there experience with me that would be a great help!
Thank you
Tiffany
jillianD
on 7/22/08 12:47 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I think there might be a few people here who had their surgery in Mexico.  I certinaly haven't heard anything awful about Mexico and have heard about the ++'s, such as a higher nurse to patient level.  You should post this on the main board, I know eggface went to mexico for her surgery and plastics.  She is very happy with her experience.  I just think you will get more responses there.

Welcome to the Wa board!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Hislady
on 7/22/08 3:53 am - Vancouver, WA
I don't know anything about the Mexican surgery itself however I would suggest you have someone here stateside that will handle any follow up care. I have a band so require more in that aspect but even bypass patients need some follow up such as blood work to check your nutrient levels and if there are any complications from the surgery itself there aren't very many surgeons here that will touch an out of country surgery. So just be aware that you will no doubt at some point need some follow-up and need to make sure you have someone here that will do that. Best of luck!
CCEE
on 7/27/08 6:01 am - Greensboro, NC
Lots of people have gone to Mexico, Brazil and even Spain.  I see them on the DS Forum, the Lightweight Forum too.  Any forum where the person may be more likely to self pay.  DSers because sometime the insurance will not cover it and Lightweights for the same reasons.  Also, there is a forum for "Mexico".  Most people LOVE their experiences.  Just be sure to research your surgeon completely.  Don't pick the cheapest...pick the best!!
Peace & Smiles    CCEE     ELE

Most Active