So Frustrated at my program....WHY????

sunnyinseattle1
on 7/21/08 3:15 am
I am so pissed and completely made at my program. I was naver told that they do a group meeting at the 3rd week of the month. I have to f**king wait till August 18 - 22nd for them to meet , then I have to wait for my next appt.I could of went back to college. I am so f**king pissed. This utterly complete BS.  I swear I will go back to college with a flipping blooding drain if I have to. I am going to college to get a degree. I am not they idea of a normal fat person with no dreams or aspirations. I didnt start college to give up on it. I am so close to my degree to the point I probably could of finished June 2008. I am going to go back to college come hell or highwater in 2 months. If I have to pay for it completely myself. At this point, if I have the surgery it will be around my schedule. I am completely frustrated at this point. I feel I am being "blowed off" with people with better insurance or maybe because I am have black. Who knows at this point.  All I do  know is this happened 3-4 years ago and I was fed up then too. I like to be incontrol of my life. It seemed then, (like now) that I was given the brush up by the social worker. Come to  find out she was misleading me to  believe that her next appt wasnt for 6 months. My new social worker asked me if I ever came in for an appt with the soc. worker. I explained the only contact with her was over the phone. I then was tolsd that the previous soc. worker stated in my chart , that I did not have any support and she will review in 6 months. OMG. I had support, just becasue I was living alone and not dating anyone. I feel as I did then. Completely frustrated and alone. What should I do? Geta job that has good insurance in\stead of my medicare? Quit completely and move to  a different hospital? Work my but off and save the 40 thou.? Change doctors? I have done everything that was asked of me.  I feel as if I am not go enough for there BS and I should just quit. Dont get me worg. I am not wanting pity or sympathy. I just want some help. Please Help? 

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

sunnyinseattle1
on 7/22/08 4:19 am
I wish I could wait to after I finish college. Unfortunately, I might want to get another degree and I am having alot of hips/knees/ and ankle problems. I have Osteo-arthrisits and Fibromyalgia which makes it very hard to walk around campus.

Thanks for your concern.

SW   CW  GW                                
378   256 175-200
*Hope to become a Parent after loss, either by natural or adoption.*

Shelley S.
on 7/21/08 4:23 am - Ft Lewis, WA
(((((((hugs to you))))))) seems like you need one of these first and foremost.  I wish I had some really sound advise to give, but I would say, stay proactive in what you want, and never take no for an answer.  I also admire the fact you want to finish college and I dont blame you for wanting to be in control of your own life.  My email is always open if you need some one on one vent time

nancy6
on 7/21/08 2:13 pm - Tacoma, WA
Don't give up!  I agree with Shelley - keep going with this and be proactive.  Sounds like you are doing that, which is good.  And definitely don't give up on that college degree.  Maybe you'll find that it will be best to finish the degree and then have the surgery.  I wish I had some great advice, but I don't know your doctor or the hoops you have to jump through for Medicare to cover the surgery.  If you can get it done through them and you already have the ball rolling for that, I'd stick with it.  Hang in there - it will be so worth it in the end!!

~Nancy~

Most Active