Looking for Seattle Pals

whiterabt
on 7/16/08 3:55 am
Hello Washingtonians!

I'm having lap-band surgery this Friday, and am looking for some pals to talk through the experience with.  Anyone else just recently banded or getting one placed in the immediate future?

I'd also love to meet some folks to be active with through the recovery process.  I live near greenlake, and love to walk around the lake in the evenings.

Please ping me!

xo,
-e
Helen_Anne
on 7/16/08 4:49 am - Bremerton, WA

Welcome to the Washington Board.... and congrats on your surgery on Friday. 

While I work in Seattle... I am not generally in Seattle after 5pm.... got to catch that ferry home.

Helen

Shelly W.
on 7/16/08 10:51 am - Sumner, WA
Hi There,

Not Seattle exactly...Federal Way.  However, I was just banded in June.  Good luck to you on your surgery.  Be sure to let us know how you're doing as soon as you are able.
--Shelly

VickiStevens
on 7/16/08 2:15 pm - Tacoma, WA
Welcome!  I am in Seattle, but in West Seattle.  I have the band - not anywhere close to newly banded though, my band has been in place for 5 1/2 years.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Good luck on your surgery Friday!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
Pam M.
on 7/22/08 4:03 pm - WA

Hello!

I live in Renton, and had my surgery by Dr. Alperovich. So far things are going great. I'm thrilled every time I belch, as I want to get rid of this gas! LOL!

I work during the day, but am attending Seattle University in the evenings for my MBA. Summer quarter ends mid August, and then I'm finished with school until the end of September. It will be great to have the time off to focus on exercise and my new way of eating. 

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

Most Active