"Thru Thick N' Thin" Support Group Reminder

Susan O.
on 7/15/08 10:34 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with
Hello Everyone!
   Just a reminder - the "Thru Thick N' Thin" Support Group will meet next Monday, July 21st from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Summit Branch - Pierce County Library.  We'll be doing more product testing, so bring your taste buds! Please click on the link by my signature for more info. See you there!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 7/20/08 5:19 pm
Susan,
This is Deanne, who was at your group several months ago, and although I knew I wouldn't make every meeting since it is a bit of a drive for me, I did think I'd be there last month. I intend (and frankly, NEED) to get back to a meeting, but am bogged down right now helping elderly parents. My father just had a mild stroke, so unless a sibling takes over some paren****ching for me Monday, I probably won't be there on the 21st either. I don't have a weight loss support base down here, so am anxious to get back up to a meeting. I hope everyone up there is still doing well, and hope to make the next meeting.
Deanne

Susan O.
on 7/24/08 8:04 am - Tacoma, WA
RNY on 06/27/07 with

Hi Deanne!
   So sorry to hear about your father's health problems. I hope your sibs step up and help you out. So many times it seems that one person ends up bearing the burden, so I hope that won't be the case for you.
   I know it is hard when the weight doesn't come off as fast as we'd like, but it WILL come off! Did you take your measurements? It really helped me when I didn't lose pounds to do my monthly measurements and find I had lost inches.
   We talked briefly at the TTNT group about getting a team together for the "Walk From Obesity" scheduled for Sept 27 in Tacoma. It is a two mile walk to raise funds for obesity issues (insurance, childhood obesity, etc., etc.). None of us has ever even thought of doing such a thing before, so I am gathering the info., and will let you know more if you are interested. There is a $25.00 entrance fee that is part donation and partly for a t-shirt. You can look at www.walkfromobesity.com for more info.    We also talked about the big E in general, and all made personal exercise goals. 
    Hope to see you next month, but keep in touch online until then! Take care!

Susan 

www.obesityhelp.com/group/ttnt/

RNY 6/2007   120 pounds lost - GOAL!!

Most Active