"ROSE" Restorative Obesity Surgery, Endolumenally

emailhillary
on 7/6/08 9:47 am

I am seeking a provider to perform the “ROSE” Restorative Obesity Surgery, Endolumenally Procedure.  Is anyone in Washington State performing this procedure yet?  If not, does anyone know who the closest provider is?  Does anyone know the cost of the ROSE procedure?  I don't think my Regence PPO plan will cover it.  Any feedback you can provide would be appreciated.

A little about me:

I am VERY happy to read about the ROSE procedure, as I think that I am an ideal candidate for it.  I had my laparoscopic RNY procedure on 07/15/2001.  My surgeon was Dr. Thomas Eubanks, in Oregon.  I was his first surgery in Oregon after he relocated from Seattle (University of Washington).  I initially had great results.  I am 5 feet tall and was 260 pounds at my highest weight.  I was able to loose 140 pounds and got down to a low weight of 120.  I have since had two children, and have gradually gained 60 pounds back and now weigh about 180 pounds.  I am interested in taking the necessary steps toward having the ROSE procedure as soon as possible.

S Andrews
on 7/6/08 11:52 am - eatonville, WA
Dr. Oh in Federal Way does the Rose proceedure. I'm not sure about the cost but I think its around $10,000-$12,000. Good luck!
VickiStevens
on 7/7/08 2:03 pm - Tacoma, WA
By ROSE procedure, do you mean the stomafix (spelling)?  If so, Dr. Srikanth performs it.  I don't have a bypass so my knowledge is a bit limited, but as I understand it - the stomafix is the surgery that makes the RNY pouch smaller.  It is a non-invasive surgery - he threads a tube down your throat.   That is as much as I know about it.  Sorry I don't have more info. Good luck!
Vicki
Starting weight: 240 Current weight: 130
vitalady
on 7/7/08 3:53 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
ROSe is not a direct cross over for StomaPhyx. The results are different, as is the method. Results on studies I've seen on StomaPhyx, as well is friends who've had it, got restriction for about 8 weeks. The ROSe has tested to 18 months.

But you have to be sure restriction IS your issue!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active