How much are you guys eating these days?

Annie B.
on 7/5/08 10:12 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Just wondering...because my dh made some yummy chicken...but I couldn't even eat 1/4 of a breast.  I am barely getting calories in...though I do drink at least one Isopure per day (which is 160 cal and 40 g protein).

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Starting Over
on 7/5/08 2:44 pm
I go back and forth with my appetite and pouch capacity.  Sometimes I can eat a TON (by a ton I mean 1/2-3/4 of a chicken breast. Then today I was only able to eat 1.5 oz of tuna and one beef stick and I haven't been hungry all day! I think it also depends on what you're eating. If I'm in a "bad" time and eating carbs I can eat a bunch more. Put some crackers in front of me and I can devour 1/2 a sleeve of Ritz crackers AND cheese! And still be hungry a couple of hours later. But lately I've been eating mainly only protein and I can't eat as much. I wouldn't worry about how many calories you're getting in this early post-op. Just make sure you're drinking plenty of water and getting as much protein in as you can. You're doing great girlie!
jillianD
on 7/5/08 3:57 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Bad day 500cal, good day 800, and tryin to get up to 900.  Today has been a bad day.  Gotta get a shake in before bed.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 7/7/08 6:06 am - WA
Annie, Call your Dr. and ask how much protein per day you should be gettin in, I do 4 protein drinks a day! It is real important to get the protein in. Merrilou
Most Active