One week post-op visit

Lisa B.
on 6/30/08 6:21 am - Bremerton, WA
I just got home from my 1 week post op visit. I got my drain taken out, but I forgot to take any pain meds before I went down to Madigan. Everyone said it hurt like hell to have that thing pulled out. It wasn't too bad. I couldn't believe how long it was. Any way, all is good and I'm glad the drain is gone. It kept getting clogged up and then last night there was a kink in the hose so it leaked at the incesion. Now I am just waiting for it to stop leaking. I have soaked through 3 bandages so far. One ore week of liquids and I move on to pureed! I have lost 9 pounds since I came home from the hospital. I know most of it was just fluids, but it's still 9 pounds! lisa
jillianD
on 6/30/08 8:56 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
I think the drain getting pulled was my turning point.  I felt soo much better the next day.  Hey I think 9 lbs is great!!  I think I only leaked for about 24-36 hours.  Looked gross for a while though.  Sounds like you are doing just wonderful!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Lisa B.
on 6/30/08 9:43 am - Bremerton, WA
It started leaking last night. I had a kink in the hose and when I woke up my shirt was wet. glad it was my drain and not the water bed! It is gross, I was walking around the commissary at Fort Lewis and I could feel it leaking. I bought a box of huge bandages and almost put one on right there in the store. I'm sure I would have been asked to leave at point.... lisa
Starting Over
on 6/30/08 11:17 am
Congrats & welcome to the losers bench! I had my drain taken out while I was still in the hospital, I couldn't imagine having to keep it for a week when out of the hospital. However, I remember the instant "weight off of my chest" feeling when the doc pulled the drain out. It was awesome, I could instantly breathe better. Your leaking should subside in a few days. I had excessive leaking at my drain site for about 3 days after. Then it subsided.
Lisa B.
on 6/30/08 2:14 pm - Bremerton, WA
Having the drain at home was a pain. I had to empty and measure the amount twice a day. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I didn't really need any pain meds, but a little novacain would have been nice. It's slowed down a lot since this afternoon. lisa..
kittykatzmom
on 6/30/08 12:42 pm - Mason co., WA
Glad to hear all is going well for you,  also glad to kn0ow that the drain removal wasn't to bad for you, your one of the lucky ones. The site where my drain was oozes for about 2 days, then I got a slight infection at the site, all is good now,  Hope to see you tomorrow at support group. Take Care,

~Cindy~

Lisa B.
on 6/30/08 2:16 pm - Bremerton, WA
I'll be there tomorrow night. having the drain pulled didn't hurt as much as feeling really weird. It will be nice to not have to worry about hanging around any more. lisa
PinkFlamingoes
on 6/30/08 4:18 pm - Buckley, WA
Glad everything went well . It sounds painful to me . 9 pounds is a great loss ! The drain thing is so odd . Some surgeons don't use them at all . Mine doesn't . I know a lot do . I guess our bodies must have absorbed the drainage . I don't know .

auntie-boopee
on 6/30/08 4:44 pm - Silverdale, WA
Lisa... Glad to hear everything is going well and the you got your drain pulled out.  Nine pounds is great.  Looking forward to hearing more about your journey thus far at support group tomorrow.  Keep up the good work. Karen
lorisb
on 7/1/08 5:44 am - Vancouver, WA
Congrats on your own WOW moment!  I wish you many more! Lori
Most Active