Home and Sick

Havnfun2
on 6/29/08 3:03 am - WA
I had my Laproscopic  RNY surgery Tuesday (June 24th) and everything went good and for that i'm very happy as I had a lot of pre-surgery jitters. I got to come home Thursday (June 26th) only to have to go back to the hospital for extreme pain and neausea in the middle of my stomach and a lot of diaherra. I havent really been able to eat much since I got home it just wants to come back up and the dry heaves about kill me!  They thought I might have  had a gastronial bug that  I might have caught during surgery...so they ran alot of blood test, did a cat scan to make sure stomach wasnt leaking.. chest xray for pneumonia etc... and everything looked good they said. They put me on pain meds and some anti-neausea meds and they help somewhat for a bit.  I keep hoping i'll wake in the morning with this glourous outlook at having this surgery and I really envy the ones saying its been so great for them and how good they feel! I really want that feeling too right now! I have a doctors appt next week and I guess i'll go from there.  I just wondered if any others out there experienced this same thing after having surgery??? If so what ended up being the cause??? Any suggestions???  I just dont know what to do to feel better right now.   Thanks everyone...
jillianD
on 6/29/08 4:28 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Aww i am sorry you are feeling worse than you expected.  I am glad they are being very cautious with you ( all the tests).  All I can tell you is take your meds on time, don't try and be tough with the pain or nausea.  Just think if its a bug you will be feeling much better in the morning.  As far as those who felt wonderful right after surgery i sure want one of them.  This is a major surgery and I felt like crap for a good week. You will be feeling better soon, I think 10 days out was my turning point. (((Hugs)))
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/29/08 4:36 am, edited 6/30/08 4:19 pm - Buckley, WA
I had an Open Medial Bypass . I didn't have any complications & healed super fast . I felt alien & under the weather for a good month . Even in the best of cir****tances it takes time to get in your fluids & protein . But , you've got this bug going on , so there's no way you're going to feel well . Hopefully whatever is going on will go away & you can get into a routine with your RNY . Take it easy . Kathy

kittykatzmom
on 6/30/08 12:53 pm - Mason co., WA
I hope you start feeling better real soon, I too ended up back in the hospital after being home 6 days from my surgery, I had bad pain and a hard time breathing, they kept me for 6 days, and ran all kinds of tests, I have a fluid pouch between my new pouch and my spine, not sure when or where it came from, it still gives me issues from time to time, I go back to my surgeon on the 9th, and its possible I may have to have another surgery to remove it, (hope not)I'm almost 3 mos. out and still having trouble getting in my protein and fluids, I just keep chugging away, and its getting better. I also had major regrets and those are gone now, the 1st month and 1/2 where real bad regrets. but feeling much better now everyday, (((((HUGS))))) you will start feeling better soon.

~Cindy~

lorisb
on 7/1/08 5:40 am - Vancouver, WA
Its not uncommon for some buyers remorse to sneak in post op.  I suspect you're dealing with a touch of that along with the surgery and recovery, being sick and the heat, too. What you can do to feel better?  Keep Dr. Jan informed.  He'll help you through this.  As bad as you feel also see if you can try to do something fun.  If you get distracted even for a little bit you'll start to feel better.  And be sure to try and get in your fluids.  You don't want to get dehydrated, too. I wish you each day better than the last! Lori
Most Active