my consult (long)

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/23/08 7:02 am - Buckley, WA
I also posted this on the plastics board . Sorry this is so wordy .  Today was my plastics consultation at The University of Washington , in Seattle . Mind you , I live a good distance away . After dropping the kids off at daycare , I was on my way @ 6:00 am . Traffic wasn't bad , so it should have only taken 1 1/2 hrs . I evidently missed my exit . I realized within about 20 minutes or so . By this time I was leaving Everett & entering Marysville . Definately not where I wanted to be . I finally got where I could turn around . Luckily I had left way early , my appt. was @ 8:45 am . I found my exit , but there were no signs leading me to the hospital . I asked some students where the hospital was & they didn't know ! I couldn't believe it ! I wandered around aimlessly & finally saw a man who looked like he would know . He did ! I got to the surgery desk with no time to spare . Whew ! The consult fee was $ 250.00 , which will go toward my surgery fee . The original quote was $ 3800.00 (I believe) for a tummy tuck with abdominal tightening . This includes everything . Hospital fees anesthesia , etc.... The surgical nurse said I didn't look like I needed a TT . She wasn't being snide , she was really sweet . I told her , "you haven't seen me naked". lol . The doctor , a cutie that looked like he was 12 years old arrived . I disrobed & sure enough she (the nurse) was shocked . She said I hid it really well . lol . We discussed options . The fact that I have so much loose skin on my tummy & hips would be a challenge as to where to stop the incision , to get a uniform look . & That I would likely eventually need more than one procedure . He took pictures of me & said he would go over them & his notes & would talk to me within two weeks to discuss what they could offer me . Overall I left feeling very good about the facility & surgeon . He took a lot of time with me & didn't make me feel rushed . I knew I would need more than one procedure going in , so that wasn't a shock . I've already decided I would probably go to Mexico in two years for round 2 . Kathy

jillianD
on 6/23/08 11:32 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Sounds like you had a really good experience.  3800.00 also sounds like an excellent price.  I'm not that far out yet but I am already weighing my options as far a plastics go too.  What hospital were you seen at?  I'd like to get a tummy tuck and a breast lift at the same time and Madigan won't do it togther.  So I will see what else is out there when the time comes. Keep us future plastics peeps in the loop!

Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/23/08 11:55 am - Buckley, WA
Jillian , I went to the University of Washington , in Seattle . They won't do two procedures at one time . At least the chief residents won't . They do their surgeries ala carte , so to speak , the doctor said . He also said I could consult with a faculty surgeon about something more extensive , but they charge double . I would have liked to get more than one thing done , too . I'm seriously considering going to Cosmed in Mexico in 2 years to get more done .

jillianD
on 6/23/08 11:57 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Hmm... good to know.  Well maybe in 2 years we can all go down to mexico and get plastics togther.  I wonder if we could get a discount???  LOL
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/23/08 3:27 pm - Buckley, WA
I can see all of us taking the bus back to LAX . All bandaged & bruised . lol .

nancy6
on 6/23/08 12:00 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Kathy - Thanks so much for your great post!  Sorry you had such an adventure getting there, but am glad you made it!!  Sounds like you had a very positive experience and I'll be looking forward to hearing more about this journey you're on for the TT.  I'm curious what other procedures you are wanting...  What would your round 2 include?  I'm definitely hoping to be able to do something myself, but it will be a while since I'm not to goal yet...  But I really appreciate your willingness to share your experience.  I'll definitely be looking at the UW when the time comes...  Now I haven't heard much about Cosmed in Mexico - but you've piqued my curiosity so I'll have to check that out, too.  Although going out of country for surgery makes me a little bit nervous!  Thanks again for the great info and I'll look forward to hearing more!!  Take care...

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/23/08 1:37 pm - Buckley, WA
Well , it would be easier to list what doesn't need fixed . lol . I definatly want my arms fiixed , a breast lift , butt lift & my thighs done . Also to get rid of the deep laugh lines & my turkey neck . Realistically , I won't be able to get all of that done . I figure by 2 years I will know what bothers me the most . I'm not going to get implants , though . I spent my whole life big busted . I went from a tight DD to a small D or large C . I don't care if I end up a B . lol . Anytime I leave the Buckley , Puyallup , Tacoma areas , it's always an adventure . lol . My kids  used to ask if we were lost . I'd say , naw , we're on an adventure . There are quite a few people on the Plastic surgery board , who have gone to Cosmed . Eggface aka Michelle has gone there for her RNY & plastics & has done great . The surgeon she uses is also accredited in the US . I was very impressed with UW & the surgeon . Definately positive experience . Kathy

nancy6
on 6/23/08 2:46 pm - Tacoma, WA
LOL!  I know what you mean about wanting lots of things "improved"!!!  I'll have to check out the plastic surgery board as it gets nearer the time I can start considering some of that.  Glad your "adventure" today ended so well!!  Take care and thanks again for the info.

~Nancy~

Starting Over
on 6/23/08 3:05 pm
That DOES sound like an excellent price! Glad you have a doc that seems nice. I still have a ways to go, but I like to hear everyone else's experiences so that I can gather info now. The first thing to go was "the girls" when I started loosing weight, so I will DEFINITELY need a breast lift. without a bra on, I could probably sweep the floor with these things now!lol
PinkFlamingoes
on 6/23/08 3:31 pm - Buckley, WA
I'm with ya there . I told my mom I could just roll em up to fit them in a bra . When I go braless at home I look totally flat chested . lol . Never thought that would happen . Oh well I never wanted to be busty anyway . I just never thought the person most resembling me in Playboy would be the old lady cartoon . lol .

Most Active