WOW? I went bowling!

jillianD
on 6/22/08 12:26 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Ok ya'll here a new and different wow.   I went bowling today at McChord cause its deployed familys free bowling day, anyways  I am a terrible bowler now that I have lost 88lbs!!   It was so funny I was throwing gutter ball after gutterball.  I think I have lost my balance, it got better that last couple of frames but I just wanted to share my wierd wow! Come on I know someone else has a wow they need to share!  Do it for the newbies, do it for those in a rut, do it for the gipper!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Shelley S.
on 6/23/08 12:58 am - Ft Lewis, WA
LOL Jill I was a terrible bowler before surgery, so maybe mine will get better  hehehe.  I wonder though, did you bowl a lot while heavier? If so, you may be used to compensating for extra weight and now that you have lost so much, your aim is different? My wow is I finally broke out of the 240s thought I was going to be camping out there forever, so YAY!  lol My un-wow was I tried steak again, still a no go so it's chicken and tuna for me for awhile still

jillianD
on 6/23/08 1:29 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with

Ummm steak..... I still cant eat chicken but I managed to eat 3 oz of steak last night, took me an hour, but I was determined!! As far a bowing goes I am sure that thats what the problemo was! Yea you busted through the 240's!!!  Boogie woogie!

Starting Over
on 6/23/08 7:09 am
On June 23, 2008 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, Shelley S. wrote:
LOL Jill I was a terrible bowler before surgery, so maybe mine will get better  hehehe.  I wonder though, did you bowl a lot while heavier? If so, you may be used to compensating for extra weight and now that you have lost so much, your aim is different? My wow is I finally broke out of the 240s thought I was going to be camping out there forever, so YAY!  lol My un-wow was I tried steak again, still a no go so it's chicken and tuna for me for awhile still
I'll trade with you Shelly! Unless it's almost pureed, chicken doesn't work well for me...but I can shovel in some steak!
Shelley S.
on 6/23/08 11:17 am - Ft Lewis, WA
On June 23, 2008 at 2:09 PM Pacific Time, SEATTLE CHICK wrote:
On June 23, 2008 at 7:58 AM Pacific Time, Shelley S. wrote:
I'll trade with you Shelly! Unless it's almost pureed, chicken doesn't work well for me...but I can shovel in some steak!
Hey girl! You are looking HOT! Love the new avatar too!  Ok I will eat chicken for you and you can have my steak.  I'm giving up on it for awhile again  lol

Amanda S.
on 6/23/08 4:00 am - shelley, ID
Does rolling the ball between your legs like a kid count as bowling?Cause that's what I do...  And STILL manage to get gutter balls..... he he he COngrats on your WOW moment!

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

jillianD
on 6/23/08 6:26 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Thanks girl!  I hope you are settleing in ok now.  Finding your way around?  If you ever want to go to support group on base let me know and I will do a drive by and pick you up.  Its on my way.

Amanda S.
on 6/23/08 8:43 am - shelley, ID
Hey thanks! When are the meetings?

Amanda
260/241/134/200
highest/preop/lowest/current

jillianD
on 6/23/08 8:44 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Tuesday evenings from 5-7 at Madigan.  Anyone is welcome.

Starting Over
on 6/23/08 7:11 am

Here's my WOW moment for you Jillian! I went whitewater rafting last weekend! YES, I shoved my body in a wetsuit and actually FIT!!!!!! I was so excited when I had to grab a wetsuit and realized that not only did they HAVE my size...it wasn't the biggest size that they carry! Even with the biggest size wetsuit, I never would have fit into one before. oh yeah, and the rafting was fun too.lol

Most Active