3 Days Post-Op http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/clown.gif

jillianD
on 6/21/08 1:14 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
OOPS I bumped it up.  I forget the title but it has july in it.  It should be toward the top now.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

cfidecaro
on 6/20/08 7:22 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Suzie~ This is a great resource. The people here are GREAT....Find a support group close to you. I am un-able to attend support groups as they are held during weekday evenings and I am always at work...but I know the ladies here attend and find them to be a great help. Anyway Welcome! Collette

RudynSuzie
on 6/20/08 10:52 am - Kitsap County, WA
Thanks for the 'hello'!!  I actually found a support group today.  I can't say enough good things about www.VitaLady.com...her website is so helpful and full of great info...that's where I found info on a support group in my area, and I called to confirm it's still meets there at the day and time that was listed on her website.  And it does!  It is on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 7-9pm so during the summer that will work, but when school starts back up again I may not be able to attend any more...We'll see.  I can't wait to meet other people in my area.  I live near Bremerton.  I've met 3 people here at the hospital so far, and it wonderful to speak with people in person who are going through similiar things.
nancy6
on 6/20/08 10:44 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi, Suzie - I just want to add my welcome to all the others!  Glad you found the Washington board and posted your note.  It's great that your surgery went so well and that you're doing good - welcome to the loser's bench!!  Don't hesitate to post here on the Washington board.  It's a lot slower than the main board, but it's a wonderful group here!!  I agree completely about the support groups.  If you are in the Tacoma/Puyallup area there are several and I recommend getting involved in them.  Wishing you all the best on your trip home and hope to hear more from you later...

~Nancy~

RudynSuzie
on 6/20/08 10:59 am - Kitsap County, WA
Thank you so much for your warm welcome.  I wasn't sure I would need an in person support group, being on OH is great, and there is also a dedicated for patients of my same doctor on his website...but being here in the hospital and meeting other people having WLS is such a powerful thing...and so to attend a support group in my area and get to see faces and talk in person to people in my neck of the woods that are going through a similiar experience...that will be wonderful.  It's going to be hard to wait until the 15th when they meet again.  I'm from the Bremerton area, so it sounds like there is only one.  Maybe at the meeting I'll find out if there are any other.  It's incredible to know how many people are in the same boat.
nancy6
on 6/20/08 2:37 pm - Tacoma, WA
There are lots of people in the same boat - and I agree that it helps to connect with them!!  OH is a great support and info system.  That's good that your dr has a support system in place, too.  I've heard there is a support group in Bremerton, but don't know anything about it...  I do know there is one in Gig Harbor, too, and they meet every Thrusday.  Anyway, glad you've found OH and the other ways you can get support.  Keep us posted on how you're doing and when you get back home!  Take care...

~Nancy~

RudynSuzie
on 6/21/08 1:00 am - Kitsap County, WA
I will definitely keep posting!  I would love more info on the Gig Harbor group that meets weekly.  I think the more support I can get the better!  Do people, or can people bring their spouses?
nancy6
on 6/21/08 2:21 am - Tacoma, WA
Just keep watching the Washington board for info on the Gig Harbor group.  I think it's a lady named Merrilee that heads it up and she usually posts a reminder each week.  They meet at Borders Books in Gig Harbor and I believe the time is 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.  I know that some do bring spouses or other support people with them to the groups so I would say yea, bring your spouse.  I agree that the more support you get, the better!!

~Nancy~

nancy6
on 6/21/08 2:23 am - Tacoma, WA
P.S.  Look at the old posts on the WAshington board.  You'll see one from a few days ago that says "Hit my goal..Gig Harbor Support goup"...  That will give you a little info and you can see that it is Merrillee who heads it up.  You could send her a PM to get more info if you want. 

~Nancy~

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/20/08 1:08 pm - Buckley, WA
Welcome , Suzie . I'm glad you're doing so well . Do you recommend going to Mexico for surgery ? Does your surgeon only do WLS surgery ? I'm going to have my TT in Sept , hopefully . I'm seriously thinking about having round 2 in Mexico in a couple of years .  This is a great place to come to for support . There is a get together in July in Tacoma . Many of us haven't met in person , so this is a great opportunity to meet . Kathy

Most Active