3 Days Post-Op http://images.obesityhelp.com/_shared/images/smiley/msn/clown.gif

RudynSuzie
on 6/20/08 1:58 am - Kitsap County, WA
Hi, I'm fairly new to OH and have been seeking out people who are getting the RNY or who have had it done it already. My surgery was 3 days ago, on June 17th.  It was self-paid and I had done in Puerto Vallarta. I was nervous, but it has all gone far better then I ever could have imagined.  I just passed the blue dye test and am awaiting my ice chips and juice, YAY!! My name is Suzie and I'm 26 years old, am 5ft8in, was 383 on June 5th, weighed in Tuesday during pre-op prep at 369. I'll be in Puerto Vallarta until Wednesday and then I'll be flying back home.  I look forward to getting to know more of you better.    Suzie
Annie B.
on 6/20/08 3:04 am - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Hi Suzie, Welcome to OH, and glad to know that things are going well for you.  Just let us know if you have any questions! Where do you live?  If you're in the Tacoma area, there are several support groups to attend (I know since I live over here).  They are great - you get to talk to others, ask questions, and share good and bad! *hugs* ~Annie

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

RudynSuzie
on 6/20/08 10:43 am - Kitsap County, WA
Thanks for your nice welcome!  I am actually from the Bremerton area and there happens to be a support group at Harrison Hospital.  I wish I would have saught them out sooner and started going before I had the surgery, but that's okay.  They meet the 3rd Tuesday of the month, in the evenings.  I'm looking forward to the next meeting.
Shelley S.
on 6/20/08 6:16 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Hi Suzie and welcome to your new life! I'm glad to hear all is going well for you, that's always a great first step.

RudynSuzie
on 6/20/08 10:44 am - Kitsap County, WA
Thank you for your nice welcome!!  I was just at Ft. Lewis for Special Olympics, my sister is a swimmer.  We stayed at that cute little RV park on base next to the lake.  What a lovely and large lake...We willl probably be visiting again when it gets warmer.  I'm from the Bremerton area.
jillianD
on 6/20/08 6:39 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Welcome Suzie!!  Glad to have you on board.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

RudynSuzie
on 6/20/08 10:49 am - Kitsap County, WA
Hello, and thanks for the welcome.  I'm so glad someone showed me this website, it's such a great resource...and I'm glad I poked around and found the Washington Forum...it's always nice to know that there are people out there going through similiar situations, but to know some of them are close to home, that makes it even easier!!  I'm from the Bremerton area.
jillianD
on 6/20/08 2:06 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
We are having a get togther on July 19th on the civilian side of American lake.  You are welcome to attend, we will be having a clothing exchange also.  It will BYOP (bring your own protein)and a side.  Family is welcome too. There is a thread about it farther down.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

RudynSuzie
on 6/21/08 12:56 am - Kitsap County, WA
That sounds terrific!!  I'm not actually Military, my Dad is, and we got passes to get on base for Special Olympics, but I'm sure I can talk some of the family into coming.  It will great for them to see that I'm not the only person out there going through this!!  Thanks so much for the info!!
RudynSuzie
on 6/21/08 1:12 am - Kitsap County, WA
I'm still trying to get used to this Forum and I tried finding the thread you mentioned but I can't seem to find it?  Can you tell me where to find it or send me the info on the get together.  I would love to come!!
Most Active