Amber is doing better....

nancy6
on 6/19/08 6:52 am - Tacoma, WA
I was able to see Amber just a bit ago and she is doing as well as can be expected.  She was in surgery for 6 hours last night!  Dr. Oh did have to remove the band and also had to do some repair work on the stomach and colon as the band had eroded a bit and the abcess she had affected the colon as well - at least that's what I understand.  As you can imagine, she is very disappointed in having the band removed as she's done so well so far!!  She's also in quite a bit of pain right now and still has a bit of a fever.  I suspect she'll be in the hospital for at least a couple more days as she does have a couple incisions that were left open with drains.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she deals with this unexpected turn of events.  I know she appreciates all the positive thoughts and wishes!  If there's anything new to report, I'll post it...  Thanks to you all!

~Nancy~

jillianD
on 6/19/08 1:25 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Oh wow Nancy, what an ordeal she has gone through!!  I am sure she is dissapointed in the way things have turned out but at least she will be ok soon.  Tell her we are thinking of her and can't wait till she is able to come back!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

nancy6
on 6/19/08 1:28 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Jill...  She has definitely been through a lot in the past few days.   I hope to see her again tomorrow and I'll definitely pass on your wishes to her!  Thanks again!

~Nancy~

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/20/08 12:00 am - WA
I went to see Amber last night, We went for a short walk. She is upset but she dose have options and is going to be just fine! It looks like she will be able to go home today.
Shelley S.
on 6/20/08 12:26 am - Ft Lewis, WA
Thanks for keeping us up to date! I've been praying for her and wishing her quick healing.  I'm sure she's disappointed but as Marilou said, she's got options so hopefully she will make it through this ordeal well and be able to see what is open to her later on.  She stays in my thoughts.

vitalady
on 7/7/08 3:57 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Tell her hi from Don and me. Very sorry I am still way across the country in Wisconsin (at this moment). Hope to see you both at August meetings.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

nancy6
on 7/9/08 11:31 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks, Michelle - I've passed your greetings on to Amber...  Hope you and Don are doing well - sounds like you've had quite a trip!  Look forward to seeing you at group in August.  Take care and have a safe trip home.

~Nancy~

vitalady
on 7/9/08 3:20 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
don't be too surprised if she goes thru a sorta grieving process, ok? I see you'll be there to hold her hand.

Near Minneapolis tonight, our 20th wedding anniversary! Met a group for dinner and it was great fun!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

nancy6
on 7/9/08 3:41 pm - Tacoma, WA
Happy Anniversary to you and Don!!!  20 years - that's great!!  I talked with Amber tonight - in fact she went to support group at your place - but I went last night...  She's doing OK, but is grieving a bit.  Dr. Oh has told her future WLS is probably not in the cards for her.  Apparently her body is just too good at creating scar tissue when there's any invasion.  But she is doing better - feeling stronger every day.  Thanks again for the note and Happy Anniversary!!  See you in August...

~Nancy~

vitalady
on 7/9/08 3:48 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
we might talk about a future for her. Still.

Yes, weird to miss 2 sets of my own mtgs, but we met with a group here in Minn, so it was like home!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

Most Active