LAP BAND

Cynthia G.
on 6/15/08 8:48 am - Lakewood, WA
VBG on 08/18/08 with
Hi everyone... I've decided to have lap band surgery. I will be paying cash for the surgery. My dilemma is finding a doctor who takes Molina insurance for check ups after surgery. Does anyone know of any doctors who take Molina in the South King County and Tacoma area? Cynthia G
Brandy L.
on 6/15/08 11:38 am - Baudour , Belgium
I am sorry I don't know of any doctors. But I do want to tell you congratulations on taking the next step to taking control of your life! This is going to be a crazy and amazing journey for you. You may lose friends along the way (and discover they were never really your friends in the first place). But you will gain a ton of new friends along with a great support family!  I want to encourage you to also post on the main board as some of the people from Washington hang out around there a lot too. And if you don't get a tonof responses on the Washington forum you might get more there! So have you decided when your surgery is going to be yet? Keeps us informed and how exciting!!!!! Brandy

RNY - 03/07/2007 ;  LBL & BL - 11/7/2008

jillianD
on 6/15/08 12:56 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
Look in the surgeons list at the top of the Wa forum page.  There are posts about drs that that take medicare and medicade I would think those are the ones to seek info about Molina options.
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Helen_Anne
on 6/16/08 1:29 pm - Bremerton, WA
Cynthia... Are you staying in the US to get your surgery? I have heard that most surgeons will not take over care from someone who had surgery from out of the state.  That said... Washington does have "fill stations"  one is in Marysville. I hope you can find a provider to do the follow-up care. Helen
lorisb
on 7/1/08 5:49 am - Vancouver, WA
If you're paying for the surgery you'll probably be responsible for the fills, too.  I'm sorry to say that but it is seeming to be the truth. That being said I wanted to wish you well on your journey.  I've been banded for almost three years now and have no regrets with my decision. Good luck, Lori
Most Active